The anti-killing crowd is at it again calling for the head of a hunter who legally and ethically hunted a non-endangered giraffe. I bet that giraffe fed hundreds of people. How many impoverished folks have you fed Mr. & Mrs. Anti-Hunter? That’s what I thought. Stand strong Rebecca!
First Ricky Gervais tweeted a picture of Rebecca laying next to the giraffe she had just hunted, that’s when the death threats ensued:
What must've happened to you in your life to make you want to kill a beautiful animal & then lie next to it smiling? pic.twitter.com/DyYw1T5ck2
— Ricky Gervais (@rickygervais) April 13, 2015
@rickygervais I know this is very hypocritical of me but i want to fucking shoot her just for this picture…
— LLOYD J ☮ (@AsapGinger1) April 13, 2015
Rebecca Francis, Wow , you are heinously ugly. May you reap what you have sown. Pray that I never encounter you.
— Linda Sproule (@linda_nyclinda) April 13, 2015
— Jessica Polsky (@realjessypolsky) April 15, 2015
— Steve Williams (@randomswill) April 15, 2015
Here was her response:
10 Facts to Share with Anti-Hunters
1. Avid hunter Theodore Roosevelt created our national forests and grasslands and forever protected 230 million acres for wildlife and the public to use and enjoy.
2. An 11 percent tax on guns, ammo, bows and arrows generates $371 million a year for conservation.
3. Hunting supports 680,000 jobs; from game wardens to waitresses, biologists to motel clerks.
4. Through state licenses and fees, hunters pay $796 million a year for conservation programs.
5. When tallying up the various fees, licensing, and taxes, hunters raise $1.6 billion!
6. The best form of eating organic is hunting. Nosler said it best: “Eat Organic-Shoot Nosler”
7. In the past century, elk, whitetails, turkeys, and ducks have gone from thousands to millions thanks to the help of hunters and programs funded by hunters.
8. Hunters keep nuisance species in check and keep herd numbers healthy for various other animals.
9. Sport hunting in Zambia provides 143 tons of meat to rural villages with an estimated value of $600,000.
10. At the end of the day, “I’ll never apologize for being a hunter.”