by Les Weaver
Clash Daily Contributor
Our governments from municipal to federal have grown exponentially since our country’s founding. That growth is not just in quantity but also in percent of population. Laws and regulations have increased to an uncountable level with many thousands obsolete but not repealed. Like a cancer, for decades government has even begun to feed on itself. That cancer first begins by the big fish, (federal) devouring the small fish, (municipal), and then works its way to bigger fish; i.e. County and State Governments.
Every day, more and more questions arise that can be defined as political self-cannibalism of the Federal Government. The Federal Government just can’t get enough to satisfy its appetite for more power and control. The menu to satisfy that appetite totally ignores the 10th Amendment to the Constitution, the superior law of the land. To label the Federal Government as “out of control” is itself an understatement of the fearful obvious.
Our Constitution was intended to guarantee equal justice for all under the law. The problem is that laws, regulations, ethics and political correctness create confusion about what is or is not permitted on any given day or under a particular circumstance.
That confusion has stimulated me to write out some questions. I ask my peers, am I missing something about the formation and purpose of our government? In any event, feel free to add to this list for it is far from complete. And then, pass it on.
- Why does this Administration encourage Muslim immigration but not Christian immigration?
- Why does this government protect the Koran but no longer the Bible?
- Why are we advised NOT to judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics?
- Why are we constantly hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money but we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money?
- Why are we cutting benefits for our veterans, giving near no pay raises and cutting our military to less than pre-WWII levels but we are not cutting or reducing payments to illegal aliens such as monthly payments for each child, money for housing, food stamps, free education and also college while granting the right to covertly vote?
- If Black Lives Matter, why do they treat themselves and each other so badly?
- Why does the administration talk gun control over the mass shooting of ten but not use as example, the killing of 15 in the President’s home town?
- Why is the motto “Black Lives Matter” but the saying that “All Lives Matter” results in a war between races seemingly stimulated by government?
- Why does part of the government, (BLM, EPA, etc.) spend millions of tax dollars to protect flora, fauna and fungi while other parts of this same government, (HHS, etc.) grant and spend unaccounted millions of tax dollars to kill unborn humans?
- Why is it that on the entire globe, the U.S. spends the most per student by far and yet is 20th and below on actual post-graduate knowledge and capability?
- Why is the term “Domestic Terrorist” accepted but the term “Islamic Terrorist” discouraged and in government circles, even banned?
- Why do so many persons lose all sense of honor, honesty and integrity once they obtain an office in Washington, D.C.?
- Why do so many politicians that spew rage that illegals should not take U.S. jobs also vilify strengthening and enforcing E-Verify, and penalizing illegal employers?
- Why do those congress members that voted for ObamaCare exempt both themselves and their staff from enrolling in what they voted on for the rest of us?
- Why do so many citizens that claim their disgust at the government continue to perpetuate this same government by returning the scoundrels over and over again?
- Why are so many blind to laws that are passed to “benefit and protect” the people but include a clause to exempt the very people that created and passed the law?
- Why was the Democrat Kentucky county clerk, Kim Davis, who refused to issue same-sex marriage licenses because of religious objections, arrested for contempt of court but the chief of the Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia, Cathy Lanier, gets a pass for refusing to issue concealed weapons permits to people unless they can arbitrarily show a “good reason,” although not required by law?
- Why is Harvard considered an Acme of education when of the two alumna that occupy the White House, one believes the U.S. has 57 States and the other believes that all 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence were born outside of the U.S.?
- After winning an election, what is it about the trip to Washington, D.C. that turns a servant of the people into a tyrannical ruler of the people?
- Why should the average High School graduate attend further academics when winning an election at any level suddenly advances your mental capacity and ability far beyond non-politicians regardless of their education or experience?
- Why can members of one party lie and perjure before congress without penalty but members of another party can be jailed for years for the same offense?
- What is it about the first trip to Washington, D.C. after winning an election that causes the newly elected to suddenly morph from representing constituents to self-absorbance?
- Why do an increasing number of citizens that once revered this government now fear it?
- Why is it that only the free speech that echoes the President’s agenda is accepted as having substance while contrary speech may result in arrest?
- Why is the handout of copies of The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution on campuses of education becoming disallowed?
Les Weaver: Born into abject poverty in 1934, he spent his teen years on farms as a foster child and was classified as a farm laborer when he joined the Navy in 1952. After that service, he had a short stint at a University but moved on to 35 years associated with the engineering and technical sciences in Aero-Space, retiring from two Aerospace giants in senior positions and a small business. Until retirement, his writing experience was limited to technical occupational reports. His wife is a German immigrant, now a proud American and together they enjoy gardening. Les takes breaks from gardening to express himself to the politicians by phone, email and now thru ClashDaily/DougGiles.