Show

Little Girl Swallows This COMMON Item Dies 2 Days After Christmas

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 10.49.57 AM

This is sad and tragic — and should be a warning to all parents of toddlers about this common household item.

A two-year-old girl in rural Oklahoma died two days after Christmas and doctors say a battery smaller than the size of a coin is likely to blame.

Brianna Florer’s grandfather Kent Vice tells The Oklahoman that his granddaughter had not been feeling well for the past few days on Sunday, and had been registering a low grade fever.

The toddler’s parents, Brian and Stephanie Florer, called an ambulance when their daughter started throwing up blood and turned blue.

Little Brianna was rushed to a hospital in Tulsa where she immediately went into surgery, but she later died.

An x-ray revealed she had swallowed a small button battery.

‘They operated on her for 2 hours, but they couldn’t stop the bleeding,’ he said. ‘They believed the battery ate through to her carotid artery by way of her esophagus.’

Read more: Daily Mail

Share if you want to tell others about the dangers of this item

Like Clash? Like Clash.

Leave a Comment

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.