Each year nearly 800 teachers are arrested or accused of having sex with students.
They are the few who get caught.
The actually number could be as high as 80,000 instances of improper sexual contact between teachers and students each year.
Compare the scandal of American school teachers who molest their own students with other scandals that were actually covered by the national mainstream media:
In Rotherham, England police identified 1,400 young girls who were molested by a Muslim grooming mob. The offenses spanned 16 years; from 1997 to 2013. The Rotherham child sexual exploitation scandal was widely covered by the mainstream media around the world. Five men of Pakistani heritage were found guilty of sexual offences against girls as young as twelve.
During that same 16-year time period an estimated 12,800 American school children were molested by their own teachers. Thousands of teachers were involved. There has been no mainstream media attention.
Catholic Church sexual abuse cases involved about 3,000 priests who allegedly molested little boys and girls. The alleged crimes spanned fifty years; 1950 to 2000. During that same time span an estimated 40,000 school children were molested by their teachers in the United States. Again, the national mainstream media covered almost none of the offenses.
Among those ignored by the national mainstream media is a government school teacher who was arrested last week for having sex with students.
Decatur City school teacher Carrie Witt, 42, was arrested for allegedly engaging in romps with two students, police said.
How bad is it the epidemic of school teachers molesting children?
The Alabama state legislature is considering a bill that would require all Alabama teachers to take training on how not to have sex with their students, according to nydailynews.com.
Parents are compelled by force of law to submit their children to the government 160 to 200 days per year, depending on state laws. That’s a total of 2080 to 2600 combined days for grades K through 12.
Many parents view school as a free service to warehouse their children, unaware of the dangers lurking in government schools across the country. Consequently, many parents actually support longer school days and more of them.
Teachers’ unions offer little help. Unions typically demand more school time that leads to higher teachers’ salaries and increased dues paid to unions. Added school time also translates into increased risks for children.
Again, the crisis of teachers molesting students is almost entirely ignored by the national media. As noted earlier, the national mainstream media rambled for years about Catholic priests molesting little boys and girls. Nothing sacred is sacred to the mainstream media.
But when it comes to the sanctity of left-leaning government schools, the media is silent. Parents are uninformed. Unions are often complicit. Our nation’s children are at risk.
Here is a sampling from recent weeks of the thousands of cases:
• Last week a high school teacher in Texas was arrested after allegedly hosting sex parties with male students at his home. Jared Anderson was charged with engaging in lewd conduct with underage boys, news reports say.
• In Slidell, Louisiana high school teacher Raymond Winzy was arrested by city police on numerous charges of having a sexual relationships with more than one of his students, according to wdsu.com.
• A male high school teacher in Smyrna, Delaware was arrested in an undercover investigation into child predators, according to delawareonline.com. The report said, “Joshua Rutherford, 35, of Camden-Wyoming, began chatting online in mid-February with an undercover investigator who he believed was the father of a 14-year-old girl.”
• A female teacher in South Carolina was arrested earlier this month for allegedly having sex with a 16-year-old student in October 2014. Alexandra D. McClure was charged with three counts of sexual battery. A police incident report said the student was in McClure’s 11th grade Spanish class. Greercitizen.com noted that 16 is the age of consent in South Carolina, “but it is illegal for a person with an official capacity at a public or private school to have sex with a student.”
• Another female teacher was arrested earlier this month for sexually assaulting a student in Richmond, Virginia. Richmond.com reported that Courtney B. Stewart, 24, was charged with two counts of “taking indecent liberties while in a supervisory role; both are felonies.” Huguenot High School’s website claims Stewart is an exceptional-education teacher, the report said; but stopped short of noting, “exceptional at what?”
How long is the list?
Were we to write a book with one page dedicated to each case of a government school teacher accused of messing around with a student, the book would contain 800 pages. And that would cover one year.
Other scandals are dwarfed by comparison.
When former Subway restaurant spokesman Jared Fogle was arrested for misbehaving with underage children, the national mainstream media would not be silent. Imagine 800 Jared Fogles molesting our school children year after year. That’s about four molestation cases for every school day. There is one difference: The media are silent.
It’s a crisis of epidemic proportions; a valid campaign platform if Donald Trump is listening.
Image: Screen shot courtesy of: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new-orleans/former-slidell-high-school-teacher-arrested-on-numerous-charges-of-sexual-relationships-with-students/