Ivanka Trump went to the defense of her dad after the New York Times tried doing a hit piece about his treatment of women. Although, it was wasn’t only Ivanka — but other women as well have come forward to refute the NYT and their claims.
Ivanka Trump has insisted her father is ‘not a groper’ in an angry response to a New York Times article that accused him of mistreating women.
The Donald’s oldest daughter said she was ‘disturbed and bothered’ by the front page piece published on Sunday, but said she knew it wasn’t true, in an interview with CBS News.
She also praised the fact most of the claims made in the piece have since been ‘discredited’ and is glad the publication is on the receiving end of a backlash.
‘Look, I’m not in every interaction my father has but he’s not a groper, it’s not who he is,’ she said.
‘I’ve known my father, obviously, my whole life and he has total respect for women. He was promoting women in development and construction at a time when it was unheard of. There was no trend towards equality in the real estate and construction industry back in the 1980s and he was doing it because he believes ultimately in merit.’
The article entitled ‘Crossing the Line: How Donald Trump behaved with women in private‘ has created a firestorm since it was published four days ago.
Among the allegations include claims from a deposition against Trump in 1996 from a beauty pageant organizer named Jill Harth.
It claims Trump ‘groped her under the table’ at a dinner with her husband.
‘I found it to be pretty disturbing based on the facts that I know,’ she said.
‘And I very much know them, both in the capacity as a daughter and the capacity of an executive who has worked alongside him at this company for over a decade.
‘I was bothered by it, but it’s largely been discredited since. Most of the time when stories are inaccurate they are not discredited.
‘I will be frustrated by that. But in this case I think they went so far they had such a strong thesis and created facts to reinforce it and I think that narrative has played out now and there’s backlash in that regard.’
Read more: Daily Mail
Here is the video of Ivanka speaking out:
Former Miss California USA also had some words to say about the hit piece as well:
Prejean, who was Miss California USA in 2009 and has since become a married mother of two young children, told Hannity she had been approached repeatedly to discuss her dealings with Trump, then the joint owner of the Miss USA pageant.
‘Back in March when they started this whole campaign against him, there were several reporters that had reached out to me, telling me that they were doing an interview about Trump, and women, and how he treats women,’ she said.
‘And I told them, ‘I’m not going to be doing an interview at this time.’
‘I said I’m not interested. I’m a mom, you know, I’m a wife, I started a business. I’m not interested.
‘And I said, ‘And by the way, I have nothing bad to say about him, so go get it from someone else.’
‘So what did they do? They quoted something from my book. And what upsets me is they say in this article in the New York Times, they say The New York Times interviewed dozens of women who had worked with or for Mr Trump, and so it made it seem like they interviewed me recently.
‘Which – that’s not true. So they’re lying.’
Read more: Daily Mail