I, for one, think it’s great that House Democrats are promising future sit-ins and unspecified “guerilla tactics” to try and push their gun control agenda. Think of all House Democrats can accomplish:
– They can eat catered food from a diversity of fast food joints.
– Selfies. Hey, what’s five dozen taken during one sit-in when a gazillion can result from a plethora of sit-ins.
– Cash, baby, cash. House Democrats made a butt-ton of it last sit-in.
– Dictionaries the world over need an example to throw in alongside the word “hypocrite”. Considering that at least 26 House Democrats sitting in for gun control were gun owners, it would appear we’ve got a match here.
– Conversion of our legislative branch from a for real, deliberative body into one of those Third World obscenities seen on late night television in which debates devolve into fist fights and all the rest.
Those are all the outward manifestations of Democrats gone wild. What’s the singular inward manifestation? Democrats hate our Constitutional processes.
No way, you say. Andrew Allen, you are being way too judgmental and you are deliberately ignoring when Republicans have done exactly the same thing.
Except Republicans haven’t. No, filibusters don’t count no matter how many tweets you send me that try and parallel the @HouseDemocrats sit-in with previous filibusters. Without going too deeply into details that are readily available to anyone that isn’t residing underneath a rock, filibusters are part of established Congressional rules which in turn are buttressed by the Constitution. Sit-ins are not. They are bu**sh** tantrums grown folks ought to know better about.
Democrats are unique in their willingness to conduct sit-ins and other “guerilla tactics” to usurp the legislative process. Simply put, Democrats hate our Constitution and will do anything to work around it if the end result means that their agenda becomes reality. Remember, the end justifies the means when you are a far left loser trading in a fascist wish list you can’t achieve unless you lie, cheat, and steal to make it a reality.
So why Is that great? Think about it.
Everything the Democrats are doing today is a precedent Republicans can use tomorrow if they wish. It’ll be easiest if Donald Trump is elected President – he’ll need only call GOP leaders in Congress to coordinate efforts. In the event the GOP becomes the minority party in Congress no worries – all they’ll have to do is call in a food run and take some selfies while the campaign contributions roll in.
Thanks Democrats. The next four years are gonna be one helluva ride.
Image: Screen Shot: http://www.onenewspage.com/video/20160623/4819362/Democrats-End-Sit-In-for-Gun-Control-at.htm