That’s right. Forget about her health, the emails, Benghazi, and the Clinton Foundation. Unless you want her to win the election.
Look, it’s blatantly obvious the woman isn’t well. There are at least three videos that show her publicly experiencing what looks like a seizure – in two of them the press stands around her and laughs like it’s a joke. There’s the photo of her being helped up some steps in South Carolina earlier this year. There are her own emails in which she discusses her poor health with Huma Abedin; there are reportedly plans to have Huma live in a Hillary White House as her caregiver. During one of the Democratic Primary debates she vanished – literally, she walked off stage and didn’t come back after the commercial break – and nobody knows why. Routinely, she vanishes from the campaign trail to “get rest”; she polls better when people don’t see or hear her so relaxing, raising money, AND enjoying good poll numbers is a win win win for her. She’s not well, but so what?
Does anyone honestly think she’s going to be medically disqualified from the race? Same goes for her emails. The Barney Fife running our FBI took that off the table, at least for the time being. There’s no chance she’ll be yanked off the jack ass ticket for violating federal laws. Ditto Benghazi. Ditto the Clinton Foundation scandal currently unfolding and smelling so rotten the New York Times is afraid to cover it.
Even if a smoking gun emerged that could take Hillary’s candidacy down, everyone knows the Clintons would throw Huma Abedin or Cheryl Mills under the bus and use the media to divert attention away from Hillary to safeguard her White House bid.
For those that don’t want to see Hillary Clinton move back into the White House, save all the scandals for later. Lingering on them brings to mind two key truths about the modern Republican Party:
– In the post-WWII era, the GOP is the only party that’s successfully maintained control of the Executive Branch for more than eight years. The Democrats have never done that.
– The GOP has a really nasty habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
– 2016 should be an easy election for any Republican candidate to win. Hillary Clinton is running to be Obama’s third term. Nobody’s done well these past eight years except a select few liberal high-rollers, and career activists:
– Warren Buffet, for example, has raked in a fortune on top of his fortune thanks to Obama’s unwillingness to move the Keystone Pipeline forward. Buffett owns the rail lines that freight crude oil – when they aren’t derailing and devastating small towns like North Dakota’s Heimdal and Casselton – to Canadian refineries instead of the American refineries further south Keystone was designed to support.
– The Mark Zuckerberg types that preach about open borders and sharing the wealth while they live behind impenetrable walls in opulence most can’t even dream of. Zuckerberg’s so big into wall-building he didn’t stop at walling off his oceanfront property in California, he walled off a scenic overlook to keep people away from his piece of paradise. How many selfies with the Pacific Ocean in the background didn’t ever get taken and posted to Facebook thanks to Zuckerberg’s wall? Why does he get a wall and America can’t have one?
– Look past the rent-a-mob morons hired off Craigslist and take note of the big wigs running modern-era activism. There are union leaders that make more than Dr. Ben Carson made as a brain surgeon. There are Black Lives Matter executives that would lose money if Fight for $15 came after them. The rent at 39 West 14th Street and 147 West 24 Street, both in Manhattan, and an office in Chicago’s swanky 60654 zip code doesn’t come cheap.
– Unless you are liberal and rich, or are answering Craigslist ads that offer more than $15 an hour to chant outside fast food joints to try and force them to pay people $15 an hour, you haven’t done well these past eight years. That’s where Hillary can and should be defeated in November. Nobody wants four more years of the nonsense that’s gone on the past eight. So, win the election on those terms!
An October surprise is coming: Hillary’s going to play the Rick Lazio card just like she did in 2000 when she won a Senate seat. Remember that one?
She and Lazio were running close in the polls. Hillary, as always, was embroiled in scandal. It was Lazio’s election to win. But, during a televised debate Lazio came out from behind his podium and challenged Hillary to sign a pledge to abstain from accepting “soft” campaign donations*. Hillary cowered with a “please don’t beat me big manly-man” expression on her face. “Hillary was bullied” became the narrative and Lazio’s political future was flushed down the toilet – he hasn’t won a nomination or election since.
Unless four more years sounds great to you, don’t let Hillary get a pass when it comes to the real issues. The fluffy stuff can wait.
* Contributions to a political party that isn’t accounted as going to a specific candidate. Such donations avoid certain campaign finance regulations.
Image: screen shot: http://www.cc.com/video-clips/xbp3to/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-headlines—rodham–n–creep