We know, we know. If it weren’t for FOX News in every bar and restaurant in the country, everyone would’ve LOVED Obama… says Obama.
“I think I should point out in terms of both my confidence that I could win in ’08, but also the fact that I was lucky and maybe a little bit naive: In 2008 I was never subjected to the kind of concentrated vilification of Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, the whole conservative-media ecosystem, and so as a consequence, even for my first two years as a senator I was polling at 70 percent,” Obama told The Atlantic’s Ta-Nehisi Coates in an interview published Tuesday.
But, he said, stereotypes about African-American politicians and liberals — “some image of me as trying to take away their stuff and give it to black people, and coddle criminals” — quickly began to take hold.
“You started to see that kind of prism being established towards the end of the 2008 race, particularly once [former GOP Alaska Gov.] Sarah Palin was the [vice presidential] nominee. And obviously almost immediately after I was elected, it was deployed in full force. And it had an impact in terms of how a large portion of white voters would see me.”…
…Obama said people often criticize him based on what they see and hear about him from conservative media outlets.
“When people criticize or respond negatively to me, usually they’re responding to this character that they’re seeing on TV called Barack Obama,” he said in the interview.
“You understand that if people are angry that somehow the government is failing, then they are going to look to the guy who represents government,” Obama continued. “And that applies, by the way, even to some of the folks who are now Trump supporters. They’re responding to a fictional character named Barack Obama who they see on Fox News or who they hear about through Rush Limbaugh.”
Read more: The Hill
No. Just No.
The problem is your policies.
FOX News didn’t tell you to:
– claim to be a ‘transparent’ administration while ebracing multiple scandals. (FYI – in this case ‘transparent’ did actually work, because Americans saw right through that crap)
– call ISIS a ‘JV Team’
– not interve in Syria which allowed the Russians to take sides and ISIS to flourish in the vacuum that was left. The ‘JV Team’ is now radicalizing many susceptible individuals to carry out attacks on Western soil
– shove Obamacare on Americans who didn’t want it
– do nothing about illegal immigrants flooding our southern border
– pay for all of your policies on credit
– push for resettlement of poorly vetted ‘Refugees’ from terror-havens
– label Islamic Terror attacks ‘workplace violence’
– push for transgender bathrooms
– support Crooked Hillary
– marry Moochelle (’cause just EW!)
No, Barry. Those are all on you.
Do you feel bad for Obama?
Let us know in the comments.