Are the left just totally uninformed, or are they detached from reality? Could it be that after a generation or so of snarking “I reject your reality and substitute my own”, they actually believe their fantasy-land is reality just because they think it is. I found this on a left-leaning blog:
“The monkeys that take over on 1/20 would like to start another war. However the issue is whether we the public is dumb enough to forget how bad the Iraq War was”
– The Trump administration are “monkeys” but since most of them are white it’s not racist to say that. (Imagine if someone had called Barack Obama “the chimp”, the way George W Bush was often called “the chimp” by progressives).
– “would like to start another war”. Who out there, on any side of any aisle, is begging for more war?
– “public is dumb enough”. Yes, the left thinks ordinary Americans are dumb.
– “how bad the Iraq War was”. The Iraq war “got bad” until we surged and pacified Anbar province. After that, Iraq was on a trajectory towards peace and stability. Obama changed that when he decided to pull U.S. forces out about three years too soon – he claimed the Iraqis didn’t want to strike a deal on a Status of Forces Agreement. Fast-forward to right now and we have hundreds, if not a few thousand, U.S. troops right back in Iraq, no Status of Forces Agreement in place to protect them, and a mission that only seems to creep along based on political whims.
More importantly, compare the state of the world circa January 2009 with where it is today. In 2009, the war on terror was confined to Iraq and Afghanistan. Russia wasn’t adventurous. And both Iran and North Korea knew when to say when. Today, real armed conflict is taking place in Libya, Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan, and Ukraine – terrorism strikes the heart of Europe routinely as an unprecedented refugee crisis unfolds. Russia operates whenever and wherever Russia wants to. Iran has just inked business deals that will pour money into their number one export – radical Islam. And from Pyongyang, a pudgy twit named Kim boldly gives the world the middle finger, just ask U.S. citizen Otto Frederick Warmbier. Warmbier rang in 2017 – his 487th day in captivity – from a North Korean labor camp.
To write a blog post like the one quoted above is not just to be uninformed, it’s to be totally detached from real world events that happened right before everyone’s eyes. To believe it is to live in total ignorance.
– There already is a war, a big one, going on in this world and Donald Trump had nothing to do it.
– War only requires one belligerent. Just because we decide our part of the war is over doesn’t mean the other side does. As long as ISIS wants to pursue war, there will be war.
By any measure, ISIS seems perfectly content to keep their side of the war alive.
Image: ID:548173729; Copyright: spaxiax; shutterstock