Finally! Congress is actually going to be looking into the nefarious activities of Comey and Lynch to ‘mislead the American people’ prior to an election.
Comey’s actions have been questioned on both sides of the aisle, and the ‘Justice’ Department under the Obama administration didn’t look like Justice at all — it seemed like a quid pro quo for favor swapping. Disgraced Eric Holder was Obama’s buddy that never faced repercussions from the ‘Fast and Furious’ scandal that left a border patrol officer, Brian Terry, dead. And that was the norm.
Which is why Loretta Lynch’s tarmac meeting with Bill — right before Hillary said she’d keep her buddy Loretta on as Attorney General — seemed so suspicious.
Well, it looks like Republicans are waking up from their stupor induced by years of Democrat bullying.
The Dems are shrieking over Russia, Russia, Russia, and got their investigation, so…
The GOP has decided it’s time to investigate Comey and Lynch.
House conservatives will launch an effort to conduct an official House Judiciary Committee-led congressional investigation into former Attorney General Loretta Lynch and fired former FBI director James Comey, a notorious leaker, Breitbart News can confirm exclusively.
Reps. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), Andy Biggs (R-AZ), Mike Johnson (R-LA) and Jim Jordan (R-OH) have drafted an amendment that would compel government cooperation with a congressional probe into Lynch’s and Comey’s activities.
Specifically, the amendment—a draft of which was obtained by Breitbart News—would compel the production of documents and evidence regarding Lynch’s order to Comey to “mislead the American people by starting he should refer to the investigation into the mishandling of classified data and use of an unauthorized email server by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as a ‘matter,’ rather than a criminal ‘investigation.’”
Breitbart received email statements from several GOP members of Congress.
“For the past several years, Democrats have obstructed justice and blocked every Congressional investigation imaginable,” Jordan said in an email. “Now they want to investigate? Ok, let’s investigate! Both parties have criticized James Comey over the past year for his performance as FBI director. Even Sen. Feinstein says there should be an investigation into Loretta Lynch and James Comey’s handling of the Clinton investigation. Let’s have a special counsel for that and see how serious Congressional Democrats are about getting to the truth.”
“It’s time for Republicans in Congress to start playing offense,” Gaetz told Breitbart News in an emailed statement.
The scope of the investigation is pretty broad.
Breitbart received a copy of the amendment but did not publish it as it is only a draft.
According to the draft, it’ll cover the following:
– investigate the leak of information from James Comey to his friend Daniel Richman, then to the media, and the legality of that leak with the intent being the creation of a special investigation led by Comey’s friend, Robert Mueller
– it will also investigate the “propriety and consequence of immunity deals” given to potential “co-conspirators” of 2016 failed Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Rodham Clinton. These immunity deals were handed out like TicTacs
– investigate Comey’s ‘usurping’ authority over Lynch’s Justice Department with regards to the Hillary email investigation, and the impressions Comey had of Lynch’s tarmac meeting with Bill
– investigate Comey’s knowledge of Fusion GPS and the creation of the infamous anti-Trump Dossier and the dissemination of the information right before the election
– Comey’s knowledge of Clinton and the Uranium One deal and that deal connected to the Clinton Foundation. It will also look into Comey’s knowledge of Huma Abedin’s dual role as State Department employee and Clinton Foundation employee
– Comey’s knowledge of Clinton Pay-To-Play and using Hillary’s position as Secretary of State to get Bill higher speaking fees
– any ‘collusion’ between Comey and Mueller
– Comey’s knowledge of any foreign entity attempting to spy on Trump during the campaign
– Comey’s knowledge of or involvement in ‘unmasking’ of individuals on Donald Trump’s campaign team, transition team or both, as well as Susan Rice’s role in ‘unmasking’. It will also determine if the ‘unmasking’ was actually necessary.
This is what needs to be done.
This is how you handle the ‘Deep State’ — actually investigate wrongdoing.
What. A. concept.
These folks have been doing whatever they want for years because they figured nobody would ever call them on it.
It’s nice to see that we’ve got a few Congressmen stepping up to do just that.
Maybe that’s part of the ‘Trump Effect’, too.