Here is a list of goals the Trump Administration should achieve this year:
• Infrastructure. Roads, bridges, buildings, and especially the grid are in need of the proper maintenance and (in the case of the grid) protection.
• Regulations. I understand that for every new regulation the Donald has introduced, sixteen regulations have been done away with. There are more regulations that can be eliminated, e.g. lifting the ban on DDT.
• Restructuring the federal government. I have mentioned this topic in previous articles, and I will emphasize it again. Sell off the Postal Service, Amtrak, the FDIC, the TVA, and the Smithsonian, just to name a few. Certain departments, agencies, etc. can be abolished, such as the Federal Reserve, the Department of Energy, the Department of Education, the Export-Import Bank, the Federal Election Commission, the TSA, Freddie Mac, and Fannie Mae. Mergers are also a good solution, such as placing the Department of Homeland Security under the Department of Justice; placing the Coast Guard, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and the Selective Service System under the Department of Defense; placing the FCC and the SEC under the Department of Commerce; placing FEMA under the Department of Health & Human Services; placing the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission under the Department of Labor; placing the EPA under the Department of the Interior; and placing the National Transportation Safety Board under the Department of Transportation. I should mention that I emailed the White House not too long ago and advocated some of these ideas. I got a reply email a few days ago stating that my message was being carefully reviewed, so only time will tell if such changes will take place.
• The United Nations. The Trump administration has cut off UN funding as part of its budget cuts. There are those people out there who say the United States should get out of the UN. I say the UN should be disbanded. That is something the Trump Administration should advocate. In addition, the Donald should also encourage the disbanding of the European Union.
• Foreign policy. Continue to be tough on North Korea. Give support to the protesters in Iran. Put all Muslim countries on notice regarding terrorism and human rights (e.g. the treatment of women and non-Muslims) and cut off aid for those nations that are supporting terrorism. In fact, foreign aid could be reduced or ended for all nations receiving it, or if they do receive it, certain conditions have to be met. And of course, crack down on terrorists.
• Immigration. Build the wall. Continue to crack down on illegal immigrants. Continue to turn up the heat on sanctuary states and localities.
Hopefully these goals can be met.