A notoriously racist and anti-Semitic rap group with a strangely good discography once made loads of money with a catchy little fascist song called “Don’t Believe the Hype”. There’s so much hype going around these days. Frankly, I’m tired of being expected to buy into it. Things like:
– Facebook’s alleged woes. No. Facebook isn’t going away. Why? Membership is what Facebook profits from. Most of their members aren’t located in the United States. No one in Kuala Lumpur cares what Facebook did or did not do as far as their privacy goes. True, Facebook may go the way of MySpace. They’ll just emerge as a much larger MySpace than the current incarnation of MySpace.
– Military on the border. Sorry. It isn’t a crisis. It wasn’t when Barack Obama did it. It wasn’t when George W Bush did it.
– The YouTube shooting. A month and a half ago a loser shot up a high school in Florida and every waking minute since we’ve been treated to an intravenous drip of strident anti-Constitutional rhetoric offered up by a mere four of the 3,200+ students from said high school. Days ago a radical leftist from Iran shot up YouTube and what have we heard? Zip. Zilch. Nada.
– Speaking of nada, how about Stormy Daniels. The media pretends she’s basically Hillary Clinton minus the pant suit. They never insert into their coverage so much as a footnote reminding customers that Stormy is on tour right now and needs to sell tickets. If you are a used up porn star and need to bring home the groceries, what better way to do it than sell tickets for your “tour” and then insert Trump into the mix.
– Speaking of inserting things into mixes, the opposite would be removing things from war zones. Things like troops deployed in places like Syria. I’m sorry, Mr. President, but you are an idiot if you think right now is a great time to bail out of Syria. Whether we should be there in the first place is an irrelevant discussion because, for better or worse, we are there. If we leave too soon expect ISIS redux.
– And, for better or worse there is in fact fake news no matter how many times the fake news purveyors say there is not. Just this week Dana Milbank, resident hall monitor at the Washington Post, authored a piece about the lone schlub going to jail via the Mueller inquisition. In Milbank’s piece he claims a media photographer shouted “one down thirty more to go” as said schlub was exiting the courthouse en route to a thirty-day sentence. And they say there is no media bias?
– Speaking of a thirty-day sentence, how many millions of dollars has Team Mueller spent – hint, it’s more that Trump would have spent hiring Russian hookers to urinate on a bed in a Moscow hotel if Trump ever did that – to produce one thirty-day sentence? Aren’t we running up the deficit? Will our kids get social security after this fiasco? We are borrowing from future generations to pay Mueller for a thirty-day prison sentence!?!?
I wish I could get into the hype. At this point though, it is all so plastic and patent-leather obvious I just can’t.
Image: Excerpted from: https://pixabay.com/en/night-dark-lights-bar-celebration-2589458/