Obama thinks his legacy is fantastic. Just ask him and he’ll tell you.
That’s what he was doing at a rally in Las Vegas allegedly to ‘Get Out The Vote’ for Democratic candidates. One of them is Senate hopeful, Jacky Rosen, who is currently trailing by several points in her race against Republican, Dean Heller. Nevada is a ‘toss-up’ state which could be one of a handful that could shift the balance of power in the Senate.
(Speaking of a ‘handful’, check out the difference in Barry’s crowd size in Nevada vs. Trump’s rally in Texas. Whoa, Nelly!)
But regaining Democratic control of the Senate clearly wasn’t on Barry’s mind — defending his wildly ineffective policies and his ever-shrinking legacy was his primary concern.
I mean, really, guys — why focus on some no-name Democrat Senate ‘hopeful’ when you have the former President right there?
This isn’t a new thing for the super savvy, leftist elitists that are also self-absorbed blowhards. And it isn’t just limited to the United States.
Canada’s Obama-lite Prime Minister Justin ‘Selfie’ Trudeau did the same thing when it was apparent that the budget didn’t ‘balance itself’ as he claimed it would, instead taking the questions from reporters himself.
But, I digress…
Just in case you need a refresher on what his administration actually ‘accomplished’, President ‘Pen-and-a-Phone’ Obama:
- secured the top spot as the worst economic recovery since World War II
- lied about Obamacare’s premiums and if you ‘like your doctor and your plan, you can keep your doctor and your plan’
- ushered in an era of Democrat defeat at every level — from Govornerships to the massive federal losses of the House, the Senate, the White House, and, by extension, two seats on the Supreme Court
- boasted of his ‘scandal-free’ administration despite actual reality
- secured the crappy Iran Deal
- promised ‘flexibility’ to Russia on missile defense
- nixed a DEA operation that was aimed at stopping Hezbollah from smuggling drugs into the United States, which allowed the terrorist organization to grow
- won the Nobel Peace Prize for being the first black President despite the fact that he was at war for every single day of both of his terms in office, did nada about North Korea or Iran, and let Syria traipse over the ‘red line’ whenever they wished
- helped Iran skirt financial sanctions
- the huge uptick in governmental regulations that stifled business
- ushered in a divisive era of ‘identity politics’
- apologized for Amerian exceptionalism on the international stage at every available opportunity
That’s quite a lot to be proud of if you’re a megalomaniacal cartoon villain, or, in this case, the former Democratic President of the United States of America.
Obama spent much of his speech on a long defense of his own presidency, and condemnation of Republican governance.
“When you hear all this talk about ‘economic miracles’ right now, remember who started it,” Obama said. He denounced Trump’s attempts to pressure the FBI and Department of Justice to target political foes.
Clearly, as evidenced by his two terms in office, Obama had no clue how an economy works.
And then he goes off suggesting that it is Trump that is steering the FBI and the DOJ when there is growing evidence that Obama’s administration did just that with Lynch, Comey, Brennan, Strzok, Page, Ohr, et al?
Give me a freaking break!
“That is not how America works. That is how some tin-pot dictatorship works,” he said.
Tin-pot dictators, you say?
Well, Obama knows ’em when he sees ’em.
But Obama didn’t come to Nevada to make news, and he mostly didn’t. This is the box he’s in now. Even as he’s edged away from the tradition of post-presidential silence, there’s a more practical reason for his muted campaigning: He’s said to be afraid his presence would backfire, give Trump a foil, and energize the Republicans who Democrats hope will stay home in November.
But that’s not all he said. Obama goes off on the Republicans using ‘divisive’ rhetoric, the way that the Republicans offered ‘simple solutions to complex problems’ then sided with large corporations against the American people.
*cough* Obamacare *cough*
It’s a wild ride of zero self-awareness while the Democratic candidates sit awkwardly by his side waiting for him to stop talking about himself.
If you’re up for some hypocrisy in action, you can watch Barry’s full speech here:
By the way, since Facebook has unpublished ClashDaily’s page, your best bet to keep in the loop is to Subscribe to our ClashDaily Newsletter right here:
We’re also moving onto a new platform, MeWe. It’s like Facebook without the data breaches and censorship.
Sign up and you can still get all the ClashDaily goodness by joining our MeWe group.
Do you love what we’re doing at Clash?
Do you want to kick in to our ‘war chest’ so that we Happy Warriors can maximize the size of the footprint we leave on Leftism’s backside? Here’s a link for ya to do just that.