While the cries from the left to ‘Abolish ICE’ have died down because that position is so overwhelmingly unpopular, ICE agents have made more arrests in a massive raid last week.
In a five-day operation in New Jersey targetting ‘at-large criminal aliens’ and illegal border-crossers, 105 foreign nationals were arrested and taken into custody by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents. The vast majority of those that were apprehended had criminal convictions or criminal charges pending.
I thought that these were all just poor, sweet immigrants looking for a better life…
NEWARK, N.J. — Four individuals in the country illegally who have Interpol warrants based on crimes they committed in their home countries were among 105 foreign nationals taken into custody during a five-day operation conducted by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) last week in New Jersey. The operation, which was spearheaded by ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO), targeted at-large criminal aliens, illegal re-entrants and other immigration violators and was supported by ICE’s Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) and U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) New Jersey Field Office.
Of those arrested during the operation, 80 percent had prior criminal convictions and/or pending criminal charges…
…They range from age 18 to 65 years old and most were previously convicted of a variety of offenses. Some of the convictions included sexual assault on a minor, child abuse, possession of narcotics, distribution of narcotics, extortion, DUI, fraud, domestic violence, theft, possession of a weapon, robbery, promoting prostitution, aggravated assault, resisting arrest, endangering the welfare of a child, credit card fraud, insurance fraud, shoplifting and illegal reentry.
Here are a few of the ‘sweet migrants’ that were arrested by ICE:
- In Palisades Park, a 59-year-old Korean national, who has an Interpol warrant to serve his sentence for the crime of indecent acts by compulsion causing bodily injury;
- In Palisades Park, a 44-year-old Korean national, who has an Interpol warrant to serve his sentence for the crime of distribution of psychotropic drugs;
- In West New York, a 34-year-old Ecuadorian national, who has an Interpol warrant for the crime of fraud;
- In Paterson, a 54-year-old Russian national, who has an Interpol warrant for the crime of large scale fraud;
- In Union City, a 35-year-old Ecuadorian national, who has a conviction of forcible touching on a child;
- In Jersey City, a 35-year-old Venezuelan national, who has a conviction of distribution of narcotics;
- In Union City, a 52-year-old Mexican national, who has a conviction of promoting prostitution with a child.
- In New Brunswick, a 34-year-old Honduran national, who has a conviction of Endangering the Welfare of a Child;
- In Bayonne, a 43-year-old Canadian national, who has a conviction of distribution of narcotics on school grounds;
- In Jamesburg, a 25-year-old previously deported Guatemalan national, who was arrested for aggravated assault and possession of a weapon. An ICE detainer was lodged with Middlesex County Jail but they refused to honor the ICE detainer and released the subject;
- In Toms River, a 28-year-old Egyptian national, who has three convictions for possession and distribution of narcotics;
- In Jersey City, a 41-year-old Taiwanese national, who has convictions for extortion and bank fraud;
- In Atlantic City, a 38-year-old Cuban national, who has a conviction for aggravated criminal sexual contact;
- In New Brunswick, a 48-year-old Jamaican national, who has convictions for conspiracy to commit robbery and possession of a weapon;
- In Freehold a 28-year-old El Salvadorian national, who is a member of MS-13;
- In New Brunswick, a 19-year-old Mexican national, who is a member of the 18th street gang;
- In Newark, a 31-year-old Mexican national, who is a member of the Surenos-13th street gang;
What charming individuals. Wouldn’t you just love to have this lot at your next neighborhood BBQ?
This is precisely why we need propper immigration reform and control of our border. We need to tighten the rules, not relax them.
These arrests are great and we need to continue to enforce our immigration law.
You know what else we need?
Yes, we really, really need a wall.
By the way, since Facebook has unpublished ClashDaily’s page, your best bet to keep in the loop is to Subscribe to our ClashDaily Newsletter right here:
We’re also moving onto a new platform, MeWe. It’s like Facebook without the data breaches and censorship.
Sign up and you can still get all the ClashDaily goodness by joining our MeWe group.
Do you love what we’re doing at Clash?
Do you want to kick in to our ‘war chest’ so that we Happy Warriors can maximize the size of the footprint we leave on Leftism’s backside? Here’s a link for ya to do just that.