Stick a fork in him, he’s done. Check out the damning details…
From rising star to charged with a felony. How the mighty have fallen.
Despite his success as a gay, black man, actor and singer Jussie Smollett believed in the leftist narrative that America is a deeply divided, racist, and homophobic country. He also seemed to believe that that this was attributable (at least in part) to President Donald J. Trump.
It appears that Smollet has orchestrated a racist and anti-gay hate crime against himself because he was upset about how much he was paid as part of an ensemble cast of a popular television show. It’s being reported that he made $20,000 per episode when the show began but is now making $65,000 per episode. Rough life.
Here is the timeline of events:
January 22: Threatening Letter Received
- Actor Jussie Smollett received a threatening letter at the Chicago studio where the tv show Empire is filmed. The envelope was written to conceal the handwriting with the return address used was ‘MAGA.’ The letter itself was created using magazine letters pasted spelling out ‘you will die black f*g‘ along with a crudely drawn stick figure being hung from a tree with a handgun pointing at his head. The envelope also contained a suspicious ‘white powder.’ A HAZMAT team was called in to investigate and the white powder was determined to be crushed Aspirin.
January 29: The Alleged Attack Takes Place
- Jussie Smollett’s Instagram posts show that his plane was delayed when he was returning to Chicago after auditioning for a play in New York. Investigators now believe that these posts were meant as communication to his accomplices.
- Surveillance video shows that Smollett went to a Subway sandwich shop at approximately 2 am.
- Smollett alleges that on his way home, two individuals yelled, ‘Empire f*ggot’ and called him a ‘n*gger’ and said that ‘This is MAGA country.’ He claims that one of the men punched him, and he ‘fought back’. He said that he had ‘bleach’ poured on him and later found that a rope had been put around his neck.
- Smollett reports that he was the victim of a hate crime to Chicago P.D. in the early hours of January 29, 2019. He had waited to make the report to the police.
- Police arrive at Smollett’s apartment at 2:42 am. Smollett was still wearing the rope around his neck when police arrived.
- Smollett asked the police to turn off their body cameras.
- The actor was examined at a local hospital for minor cuts and abrasions, including what he called ‘rope burn’ on his neck.
- Chicago Police reveal that they are investigating a ‘possible racist and homophobic attack’ on Jussie Smollett.
- ThatGrapeJuice breaks the story including the reference to the January 22 letter.
- The two Nigerian brothers, Obabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, leave for Nigeria.
January 30: Smollett Is Lavished With Support From Celebrities And Democrat Politicians
- Leftists jumped on the report and poured out their support for Smollett and many used the opportunity to state that this is more evidence of the racially divided America under President Trump.
- Although some posted support on January 29, the wave of celebrity support for Smollett was reported as a story in its own right on January 30.
Four years ago, @JussieSmollett came out on my show. I’m sending him and his family so much love today. ❤️
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) January 29, 2019
Prominent Democrats raced to weigh in:
Ellen Page blamed the attack on Vice President Mike Pence:
January 31: Smollett Refuses To Hand Over His Phone To Police
- Investigators want to examine Smollett’s phone to confirm the details of the attack including the MAGA reference. Smollett had told police that he was on the phone with his manager at the time of the attack.
- Smollett refuses to hand over his phone to investigators because of ‘sensitive’ personal information and celebrity contacts on the phone.
February 1: Smollett Speaks About The Attack For The First Time
- Smollett says that he’s ‘ok‘ and, ‘I am working with authorities and have been 100% factual and consistent on every level.‘
- Chicago Police release a photo of ‘persons of interest’ in the case.
Photos of people of interest who were in area of the alleged assault & battery of Empire cast member. While video does not capture an encounter, detectives are taking this development seriously & wish to question individuals as more cameras are being reviewed pic.twitter.com/xJDDygtocr
— Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) January 31, 2019
February 2: Smollett Calls Himself The ‘Gay Tupac’
- Smollett appears in Los Angeles to perform in a concert and he says, ‘I’m the gay Tupac.’
- He said, ‘I’m not fully healed yet, but I’m going to. Just because there has been a lot of stuff said about me that’s absolutely not true. I’m sure my lawyer’s sitting up there [the balcony] like, ‘No, Jussie, no.’ Above all, I fought… back. I’m the gay Tupac.’
February 11: Smollett Gives Police Redacted Phone Record
- After refusing to give his phone to the police, he provided a PDF file of his phone records which turned out to be incomplete and redacted.
- Chicago Police say that they are not looking into charging him for filing a false report.
- Smollett’s neighbors say that they don’t believe his version of events.
February 13: Obabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo Return From Nigeria
- The brothers are apprehended by police at Chicago’s O’Hare Airport.
February 14: GMA Interview Airs And Persons Of Interest Identified By Police
- Between the 7am-8am hour, the Good Morning America interview of Jussie Smollet is aired.
- At 9:40 am, the two persons of interest were held in police custody were identified.
Important for media reporting: The people of interest are alleged to be in the area where a crime was reported. They are not considered suspects at this time as they are currently being questioned by detectives. We remain in communication with the alleged victim. pic.twitter.com/JuH1kYRTYV
— Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) February 14, 2019
- Good Morning America airs an interview with Smollett about the attack.
Watch the full interview with Robin Roberts on Good Morning America where he asks ‘Who would make up something like this? You do such a disservice when you lie about things like this.’ and says that he’s angry that people don’t believe him because he’s telling the truth.
February 15: Connections Between Smollett And The Nigerian Brothers Revealed
- Two brothers originally from Nigeria, Obabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, are identified as the ‘persons of interest’ who have been released from prison.
- The Daily Mail publishes an article that indicates that the brothers and Smollett were acquainted, including going to the gym together, and one brother’s role as an extra on Empire.
February 17: Chicago Police Reveal That The ‘Trajectory Of The Investigation’ Has Shifted
- Chicago P.D. reveals that there were ‘developments in the case’ and that they would like to speak with the person who filed the report, ie. Jussie Smollett.
- Smollett’s lawyers release a statement saying that their client will not speak with investigators. It also states that Smollet, the victim of a hate crime, is ‘angered and devastated’ that the police want to question him about the brothers.
While we are not in a position to confirm, deny or comment on the validity of what's been unofficially released, there are some developments in this investigation and detectives have some follow-ups to complete which include speaking to the individual who reported the incident. pic.twitter.com/b9GgXbSUt9
— Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) February 17, 2019
- The Nigerian brothers reveal that Smollett orchestrated the incident and paid them $4,000 to commit the attack.
February 20: Video Is Released Of Brothers Buying Clothing Used In The Attack, Grand Jury Convenes, And Smollett Is Charged
- The Obabinjo brothers claim that Smollett staged the letter on January 22 as well as the assault.
- Store surveillance video shows the brothers purchasing black ski masks and red hats which they used in the attack.
I tracked down surveillance of the Osundairo's buying supplies before "attack"
Sources say Jussie Smollet told brothers what to buy.
Countless phone calls placed for this.
— Charlie De Mar (@CharlieDeMar) February 20, 2019
- Smollet is classified as a suspect for filing a false police report.
Case Update: Jussie Smollett is now officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation by #ChicagoPolice for filing a false police report (Class 4 felony). Detectives are currently presenting evidence before a Cook County Grand Jury. pic.twitter.com/FhDcbBKsuU
— Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) February 20, 2019
- Grand Jury is convened and the Obabinjo brothers testify.
- Federal criminal charges against Smollett have been approved.
Felony criminal charges have been approved by @CookCountySAO against Jussie Smollett for Disorderly Conduct / Filing a False Police Report. Detectives will make contact with his legal team to negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest. pic.twitter.com/LvBSYE2kVj
— Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) February 21, 2019
- Smollett’s lawyers release a statement highlighting the presumption of innocence.
- It was also revealed that Smollett had given false information to a police officer in Los Angeles in 2007 when he was pulled over under suspicion of driving under the influence.
February 21: Jussie Smollett In Custody
- Smollett turns himself in at 6:30 am
- His mugshot is released.
Press Briefing: Jussie Smollet is under arrest and in custody of detectives. At 9am at #ChicagoPolice Headquarters, Supt Eddie Johnson, Commander of Area Central Detectives Edward Wodnicki will brief reporters on the investigation prior to the defendants appearance in court. pic.twitter.com/9PSv8Ojec2
— Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) February 21, 2019
- Chicago Police give a news conference blasting Smollett for his hoax.
If you think that being exposed as a liar and a fraud, being arrested and charged with a federal crime is the low point for Jussie Smollett — you’re wrong.
Here is a mashup of Smollett’s GMA interview and the Superintendent of the Chicago Police Department’s press conference:
— David Rutz (@DavidRutz) February 21, 2019
During an Instagram Livestream, Cardi B said that she was really disappointed in Jussie Smollett and that he ‘f**ked up Black History Month’: (LANGUAGE WARNING)
When a black, gay musician loses Cardi B’s support — that’s got to be the lowest point possible.
Don’t miss our other related articles on the Smollett travesty.
by Doug Giles
Doug Giles, best-selling author of Raising Righteous And Rowdy Girls and Editor-In-Chief of the mega-blog, ClashDaily.com, has just penned a book he guarantees will kick hipster males into the rarefied air of masculinity. That is, if the man-child will put down his frappuccino; shut the hell up and listen and obey everything he instructs them to do in his timely and tornadic tome. Buy Now: Pussification: The Effeminization Of The American Male
By the way, since Facebook has unpublished ClashDaily’s page, your best bet to keep in the loop is to Subscribe to our ClashDaily Newsletter right here:
We’re also moving onto a new platform, MeWe. It’s like Facebook without the data breaches and censorship.
Sign up and you can still get all the ClashDaily goodness by joining our MeWe group.
Do you love what we’re doing at Clash?
Do you want to kick in to our ‘war chest’ so that we Happy Warriors can maximize the size of the footprint we leave on Leftism’s backside? Here’s a link for ya to do just that.