It looks like Dr. Jill Biden is just as prone to gaffes as her husband.
Her statement, though well-meaning, didn’t come out very well.
In her attempt to rally voters behind the former Vice President, she basically said that Democrats need to hold their noses and support Sleepy Joe.
“Your candidate might be better on, I don’t know, healthcare, than Joe is,” said Dr. Biden, “but you’ve got to look at who’s going to win this election, and maybe you have to swallow a little bit and say, ‘Okay, I personally like so-and-so better,’ but your bottom line has to be that we have to beat Trump.”
It’s not exactly a ringing endorsement, especially so early on in the primaries. There are still a host of candidates that Biden is competing against.
Perhaps save the Hail Mary play for when there are only a handful of candidates left, hmm?
But doing it now makes the Biden camp reek of desperation.
I guess they’ve got to do something to detract from his constant gaffes.
JILL BIDEN: So, yes, I know your candidate might be better on, I don’t know, healthcare than Joe is, but you’ve got to look at who is going to win this election, and maybe you have to swallow a little bit and say, ‘Ok, I personally like so-and-so better, but your bottom line has to be that we have to beat Trump. I know that not all of you are committed to my husband, and I respect that, but I want you to think about your candidate, his or her electability, and who’s going to win this race. And so, if you’re looking at that, you’ve got to look at the polls, and you know, a lot of the time I say, ‘Oh, you know, polls don’t mean anything, polls don’t mean anything,” but if they’re consistent, and they’re consistently saying the same thing, I think you can’t dismiss that. I mean, you all deal with facts. So, I think if your goal, I mean, my goal is is to beat Donald Trump, we have to get someone who can beat him.
She continues touting the poll numbers and Biden’s record with independents.
Dr. Jill Biden urges voters to consider her husband's electability, saying: "your candidate might be better on, I don’t know, healthcare than Joe is, but you’ve got to look at who’s going to win this election." pic.twitter.com/xdPk95wWnv
— MSNBC (@MSNBC) August 19, 2019
Dr. Jill Biden is making the appeal that America should choose Biden a this “crucial time.”
As for the beating Trump part, well, some are skeptical.
There were several prominent Democrats that weren’t sure that Biden is the right guy for the job.
Reportedly, even Barack Obama — who saw fit to have Joe as his Vice President for two terms — told him repeatedly not to run for President. Barry has conspicuously not endorsed his former Veep, nor come to his defense when Sen. Kamala Harris(D-CA) disgustingly insinuated that he was a super-secret racist.
If Jill couldn’t say “yes” until Joe’s fifth proposal, why should Americans say “yes” to his gaffe-riddled third time running for the Democratic ticket?
- SAVAGE: Biden’s Latest Gaffe About What Decade MLK And JFK Were Assassinated Was Shown No Mercy
- WATCH: Biden Defends ‘Fine People’ Hoax As Cornerstone Of His Campaign
- WATCH: Grandpa Biden Blasts The Recent Mass Shootings In ‘Houston And Michigan’
- Hey Biden: Remember What You Once Said About Vietnamese Refugees… We Do!
- BREAKING: Biden Just Got Some BAD Financial News!
- WATCH: Biden Gets Jackhammered By Kamala Harris – Stick A Fork In Him
- Democrats’ Knives Come Out For Biden Over Latest Gaffe
- 2006 JOE BIDEN: ‘We Need A BORDER WALL’
- LMAO: Biden Just Said ‘Margaret Thatcher’ Called Him
- LMAO: Biden’s Logo Mocked On Social Media… “Looks Like A Boob!”
- LMAO: ‘Creepy’ Uncle Joe Biden Memes Are Making A Comeback — Just In Time For 2020