How sad: a privileged American is ‘explaining’ to Chinese protesters how they’re ‘out of line’ for demanding freedom.
Maybe the REAL problem is that she cherishes her own freedom too lightly.
Has she taken a moment to step back from her condescending finger-wagging to ask herself what happened in Tiananmen Square, where we saw that now-infamous photo of the anonymous ‘Tankman’ and where British authorities estimate 10,000 students were slaughtered by the Communist Chinese government?
This is the same China that currently — CURRENTLY — holds Uighurs in mass numbers.
“The (Chinese) Communist Party is using the security forces for mass imprisonment of Chinese Muslims in concentration camps,” Schriver told a Pentagon briefing during a broader discussion about China’s military, estimating that the number of detained Muslims could be “closer to 3 million citizens.”
"You guys value freedom more than safety."
American woman in Hong Kong begins lecturing protesters in the street.
"Is this ok? Is this respectful?" she asks them. pic.twitter.com/Qe3K4RJMfs
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 24, 2019
She has bought into the lie that government is innately benevolent. Many in Venezuela thought the same only a few short years ago… but they have recently been disabused of that mistake.
With what words shall we answer such a woman?
How about a little Samuel Adams?
“If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.” — Samuel Adams
- Who REALLY Understands Old Glory & The Anthem — These Hong Kong Protesters, Or the Kaepernick Clones?
- HONG KONG: Showdown Between Government And Civilian Protesters Heating Up
- Watch What Happens When Hong Kong Protesters Have Tear Gas Lobbed At Them
- FAKE NEWS: NYT Deletes Embarrassing Tweet PRAISING Mao Zedong Who Killed TENS OF MILLIONS Of People
- WTF: Why Is The World Bank Shoveling Cash Into China’s Uyghur Concentration Camps?
- Hong Kong Protesters Have Adopted A Meme ‘Mascot’ … Does He Look Familiar?