Smoking guns for media bias seldom get more damning than this one. Why was a news story that was given such fanfare suddenly thrown down the memory hole? Because it implicated the wrong people.
The next time Occasional Cortex bleats about Concentration Camps and Child separation, ask her about this story.
If we were dealing with honest journalists, this story shouldn’t be deleted, it should be set against current information. The fact that they’re pulling the story is an implicit admission that the damning effect of the story is not relevant to their objectives, and the actual numbers under the current administration compare favorably against the Obama era.
AFP is withdrawing this story.
The author of the report has clarified that his figures do not represent the number of children currently in migration-related US detention, but the total number of children in migration-related US detention in 2015.
We will delete the story. https://t.co/p30UjEWl7u
— AFP news agency (@AFP) November 19, 2019
Bernie immediately jumped on it. Because he loves to tout news critical of America… whether it’s true or not. No wonder we call them the ‘Blame America First’ Democrats.
Who was president in 2015?
— Peter J. Hasson (@peterjhasson) November 19, 2019
But if you click on Bernie’s tweets, the source story he links to has been withdrawn. It has been withdrawn across various news sites.
Reuters withdrew theirs.
So did other news sources foreign and domestic.
Should it really surprise us? It was an Obama Admin staffer tweeting out an Obama-era photo of ‘children of cages’ that launched this bogus children-in-cages narrative in the first place.
Several things going on here:
– Media largely ignored the immigration crisis under Obama
– Things that happened under Obama admin have been used to attack Trump (kids in cages, family separation)
– UN's blind acceptance of detention #'s from China & Russia is concerning
— Amber Athey (@amber_athey) November 19, 2019
- Dear CNN: Those Human Cages Weren’t Trump’s Idea – It Was YOUR Glory Boy’s Brain Fart
- Dear America: Here’s 10+ Truths The ‘Media(D)’ Omits Regarding ‘Border Children’
- Gruesome Fate Of This ‘Migrant’ Busts ‘Compassionate Open Borders’ Narrative
- WATCH: School Children Chant ‘Who Do We Hate? DONALD TRUMP!’ At Open Borders Protest