Are these highlights or lowlights? There were certainly some low-blows…
The gloves are off now that Mini Mike has joined the stage.
Senator Elizabeth Warren(D-MA) came out swinging right out of the gate. “I’d like to talk to who we’re running against — a billionaire who calls women ‘fat broads’ and ‘horse-faced lesbians’ and no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump, I am talking about Mayor Bloomberg.”
Liz Warren’s energy at that moment:
Yikes! The entire slate of candidates piled onto Bloomberg… which is an interesting strategy considering Mr. Moneybags is going to fund whoever it is that eventually wins the nom.
But it wasn’t just a shivving of Mini Mike, they were all attacking each other. The most notable conflict between the “also-ran” crowd was between Buttigieg and Klobuchar.
Bloomberg attacked Sanders for having three homes, Bernie responded that Mini Mike was a “billion-ayah” buying the primary, while Buttigieg said the quiet thing out loud — Bernie and Bloomberg and both are polarizing figures.
Here’s the Quick’n’Dirty ClashDaily summary of each candidate’s performance:
- Preachy Pete made a pretty good showing
- Biden was practically a piece of furniture for the majority of it
- Klobuchar was the non-insane one but still clearly unlikable
- Bernie was an angry socialist denying that he’s actually a communist (SPOILER ALERT: he’s a communist)
- Pocahontas was shrill and annoying
- Bloomberg was even more unlikable than Klobuchar, which shows that he can succeed at just about anything, so don’t count him out yet.
The real winner of the debate was… Donald J. Trump.
The slate of Democratic candidates is just awful this time around, and they’re going to wonder What Happened in November…
It’s going to be a-maz-ing! Trump 2020!