It looks like President Trump has had it with states trampling on the religious rights of Americans during the pandemic.
As I’ve said many, many times recently, it’s so very interesting that to leftists, the “separation of church and state” only ever goes one way. They have no problem having the state interfere and dictate how a worship service is to be conducted.
ClashDaily’s Big Dawg, Doug Giles, has weighed in on how COVID has affected churches several times.
Here are a few in case you somehow missed them:
- The Church Has Left The Building
- COVID-19 Crisis And The Church
- Big Gov’t Wants You To Be Their Slave — It’s The ‘New Normal’
- Question: Should Pastors Obey COVID19 Orders Regarding Church?
- Would Jesus ‘Social Distance’ From Sick People?
President Trump decided to go over the governors’ heads and reaffirm the rights guaranteed in the Constitution at the federal level. In his statement, President Trump said that places of worship need to open up “right now–for this weekend” and he’d override governors if they don’t allow it.
The President has deemed all houses of worship as “essential services” and told governors that if they have a problem to “call him” but warned that they aren’t going to get anywhere with their complaint.
He added, “Right now we need more prayer in America, not less.”
BREAKING: President Trump deems ‘Houses of Worship’ as ‘Essential’
“In America, we need more prayer, not less.” pic.twitter.com/mnkXyHXizv
— Benny (@bennyjohnson) May 22, 2020
As the lockdowns have gone on with little sign of a “return to normal”, we’ve seen priorities placed on big, box stores, liquor stores, marijuana dispensaries, and even abortion providers. That same priority isn’t being considered for places of worship. We’ve even seen some state and local governments actually target churches and synagogues despite following CDC guidelines to reduce the spread of the virus that are used in other public places like grocery stores and other businesses that were deemed essential.
Churches have recently been pushing back against these orders as they have watched and waited while the lockdowns continue to drag on and they are still being restricted from opening.
Many on the left have vilified people of faith for wanting to resume public worship services calling them “grandma killers” who “just want people to die.” It’s been absolutely awful.
There are so many churches out there not just doing “spiritual” work, but meeting needs in their communities–they run food banks, mental health services, take care of the homeless, shut-ins, prisoners, at-risk youth, and on and on. These are all essential services often being done by faithful volunteers who have a heart for their neighbors and their communities that is rooted in their faith.
Surely if Planned Parenthood and weed shops can be open a church can take the precautions and open their doors, too.
- DOJ Warns Gov. Newsom That Cali Lockdowns Violate Religious Freedoms–Urges Reopening Churches
- AG Barr Assures Faith Leaders That The Trump Admin Has Got Their Back If ‘Singled Out’ By State, Local Lockdowns
- Illinois Governor Puts SEVERE Restrictions On Churches Saying That They May Not Open Up For A Year Or More
- WATCH: Bill de Blasio Says Churches And Synagogues Holding Services During Quarantine Could Be PERMANENTLY Closed
- DOJ Sides With Church Suing Gov. Ralph Northam For Targeting Pastor With Fine Or Jail Time
- Justice Department Sides With Churches In First Amendment Lawsuit Against Local Government
- COVID TYRANNY: Several States Are Imposing Severe Restrictions On Church Services For Easter Sunday
- VINDICATED: Charges Dropped Against Pastor Who Didn’t Bow To COVID Fears
- Cops Sent To Break Up Tiny Church Meeting… Refused Entry By Church Leadership
- COVID ARSON: Church Likely Torched For Holding Services Defying ‘Safer-At-Home’ Order