It is less than two months until Election Day, and although the Presidential race is the main event, the other races (Congressional, state, and local) are also important.
As everyone knows, President Trump is trying to get re-elected, while Republicans hope to maintain control of the Senate. Meanwhile, Republicans are looking to take back the House of Representatives.
At any rate, if Trump is re-elected, and Republicans win a majority in both houses of Congress, here is a list of goals they need to achieve:
- Finish the repeal of Obamacare. The individual mandate has been done away with, so get rid of what’s left of this socialist healthcare law.
- Bring back HUAC (the House on Un-American Activities Committee), because it’s time to investigate Antifa, Black Lives Matter, the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the White Nationalists, etc. and put them out of business.
- Reduce the deficit. This can be done by cutting spending and start selling (e.g. the Postal Service, NASA, FDIC, Amtrak, TVA). In addition, some departments, agencies, etc. can be abolished. One example would be the Department of Homeland Security, of which all its agencies can be transferred to the Department of Justice, except for FEMA (which can be transferred to the Department of Health & Human Services), the Coast Guard (which can be transferred to the Department of Defense), and the TSA (which can be abolished and replaced with private security companies). Other departments, agencies, commissions, etc. that can be abolished would include the Export-Import Bank, the Federal Election Commission, and the Department of Energy. Meanwhile, various Independent Agencies, Boards, Commissions, can be placed under certain Executive Departments. Examples would include placing the EPA under the Department of the Interior, placing the SEC under the Department of Commerce, placing the Selective Service System under the Department of Defense, and placing the National Transportation Safety Board under the Department of Transportation.
- Continue to crack down on state and local governments that decide to be sanctuaries for illegal immigrants by means of prosecution or cutting off the federal funding. The same methods can be applied to state or local officials who encourage riots and vandalism.
- Get tough with China. It is the main Communist regime in the world, it has a bad record when it comes to human rights, and it is where the Covid-19 Pandemic originated. The Chinese need to be held accountable for this pandemic, whether it be lawsuits or international pressure. In addition, America needs to start manufacturing its own products instead of having the Chinese do so.
Hopefully, this year’s elections will result in a Republican sweep at all levels of government. And if so then hopefully these goals can be achieved.