Recently Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib has called for the defunding of police departments nationwide. But she hasn’t stopped, because she also has advocated defunding Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and the entire Department of Homeland Security for that matter.
Tlaib is supporting calls to defund the police because of Black Lives Matter. She wants to defund CBP and ICE due to her stance on immigration issues, as well as wanting to bring more Muslims to the United States. But she wants to defund the Department of Homeland Security because it was designed to combat terrorism, particularly Islamic terrorism- something that she is sympathetic to.
Of course, when someone says that the police department, ICE, etc. needs to be defunded, they actually want it to be eliminated.
Needless to say, such ideas are ridiculous, since they will undermine national security.
But the following government departments, agencies, etc. do need to be eliminated (if they haven’t already been eliminated):
- the Department of Education,
- Department of Energy,
- Transportation Security Administration (which can be replaced by private security companies),
- Internal Revenue Service (and the income tax can be replaced with a national sales tax),
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau,
- Corporation for National & Community Service,
- Council on Environmental Quality,
- Export-Import Bank of the United States,
- Federal Election Commission,
- Federal Energy Regulation Commission,
- Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac),
- Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae),
- Federal Reserve System,
- Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission,
- Legal Services Corporation,
- Medicaid and Chip Access Commission,
- Medicare Advisory Payment Commission,
- National Bipartisan Commission on the Future of Medicare,
- National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform,
- Office of Social Innovation and Civic Participation,
- Postal Regulatory Commission,
- Presidential Commission on Election Administration,
- Small Business Administration,
- Social Security Advisory Board,
- Vietnam Education Foundation,
- White House Commission on the National Moment of Remembrance,
- White House Council for Community Solutions,
- The White House Initiative on Asian Americans & Pacific Islanders.
In addition, all offices of Czars, U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, U.S. Court of Federal Claims, U.S. Court of International Trade, U.S. Tax Court, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims can be eliminated.
There are probably plenty of unnecessary state and local governmental departments, agencies, etc. that need to be defunded.
So what it comes down to is this: get rid of any department, agency, etc. that we don’t need.