Here is a list of my thoughts for this week:
- Pakistan’s conservative Islamist Prime Minister Imran Khan has been removed from power via a no-confidence vote. It is unclear if his successor will be any better (or worse) than him. Meanwhile, Khan has accused the United States of being responsible for his ouster. At any rate, there are two words to sum his removal: good riddance.
- Two men with ties to Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) were arrested for posing as agents from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). They had warmed up to Secret Service Agents and were able to obtain high-tech electronics and surveillance equipment, as well as being given rent-free luxury apartments. How did such a security breach take place? And what was the motive of these two individuals?
- Miguel De La Torre, a professor at the Liff School of Theology in Denver, recently said that white people must “Crucify their Whiteness”. How exactly are they supposed to do that?
- Seyed Mohammad Marandi, a member of Iran’s nuclear negotiation team, has referred to Joe Biden as a “racist piece of garbage”. How does Joe Biden feel about that? And we’re on that subject of insults, what would Biden do if someone called him a stupid old man, or referred to him as a worthless old fart?
- What is up with Joe Biden speaking in whispers at press conferences? Is he trying to be sarcastic? Does he not realize how creepy he sounds?
- I wonder how Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez would react if someone comes up to her and insults her.
- How does Dr. Fauci handle insults, considering how much he is full of himself?
- Rabbits are associated with cowardice in Jewish folklore. Would that make the Easter Bunny Anti-Semitic? Although the Easter Bunny is a hare instead of a rabbit, in Ancient Times people did not know the differences between both types of animals and thus did not distinguish hares from rabbits.
- You have heard the expression “how much wood does a woodchuck chuck?” Since woodchuck is another name for groundhog, then I must ask the following question: “how much ground chuck does a groundhog chuck?”
- Speaking of groundhogs, what are Punxsutawney Phil’s views regarding the global warming/climate change debate, or the views of Punxsutawney’s citizens for that matter?
- Could Russia’s war in Ukraine wind up being a repeat of the Soviet Union’s invasion of Afghanistan?
Those are my thoughts. By the way, have a Happy Easter.