*The following is from my lastest #1 bestseller, The Wildman Devotional: A 50 Day Devotional for Men
“Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe.”
— 1Timothy 4:12
Dear Young Christian Adult: Do you realize that no matter how neglected and confused you may feel, you are the key, under the discipline of the Holy Spirit, to turn this Titanic of a nation around before it hits the proverbial iceberg?
The prophet Joel said it is the young men and women who will have the visions that will constructively shape our future (Joel 2:28).
That’s you, Dude.
Don’t think that God will never use you just because you’re young. Throughout Scripture and history, youth have had an incredible influence on our society. The Scripture is replete with examples of God using — and in dramatic fashion — young men and women.
You know, when most of us think about the type of person God uses, we usually think of some old cat sporting a gray beard, wearing little eyeglasses with a scowl on his face carting around a Bible that’s bigger than some big chick’s panties. We forget that Jesus Himself started His ministry when He was thirty years old and was finished at the ripe old age of thirty-three. Check out this short list of young “greats” found in the Scripture and in Church history and let this motivate you to seek God in order for Him to use you in like manner.
- John the Baptist was a little over the 30-mark when he rocked all of Israel.
- David was a youth when he slew Goliath. When God sought for a man to eternally shut Goliath’s pie hole, he found a youth who acted like a man.
- Solomon became king over Israel at an early age, and God gave this young king wisdom that blew away his elders.
- Jeremiah, as a youth, was called as a prophet to the nations – to uproot, destroy, build and plant them according to the word of God.
- Charles Spurgeon was only nineteen when he began his acclaimed pastorate in England.
- John Calvin, at twenty-seven years of age, wrote his world-reforming Institutes, which has profoundly impacted theological and political thought.
As Benjamin Disraeli said, “The history of heroes is the history of youth.” God has a high view of youth. It’s not because they are cute, but because they are spiritually lethal. They are the warriors that God uses to cut a swath through the demonic bondages that hold men captive. Their zeal is proverbial … and when it is mixed with divine wisdom, they are a severe threat to Satan and his defeated ilk.
All the aforementioned young adults were forces, and he that is destined to be a force will be put on his mettle at an early age.
So, get with it, young adult. Quit being a slacker … get a vision … get on your face … and get ready for God to make you the next giant slayer.
Dear Warriors. The Wildman Devotional: A 50 Day Devotional for Men will fuel your inner wildman with solid meat from the scripture. In these 200+ pages, you’ll feast on the wealth, the walk, and the warfare of the Christian that’ll prepare you for maximum usefulness on this side of the grave. This book is fire! A great gift for all the men in your life. BTW, women will love this devotional as well.