While this doesn’t seem like a big deal — it kind of is.
After another investigation into the origin of the coronavirus pandemic, the U.S. Department of Energy has changed its position from “undecided” to joining the FBI in concluding that an accidental lab leak is the most likely origin of the novel coronavirus that spread globally in 2020.
The Wall Street Journal reports:
The U.S. Energy Department has concluded that the Covid pandemic most likely arose from a laboratory leak, according to a classified intelligence report recently provided to the White House and key members of Congress.
The shift by the Energy Department, which previously was undecided on how the virus emerged, is noted in an update to a 2021 document by Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines’s office.
The new report highlights how different parts of the intelligence community have arrived at disparate judgments about the pandemic’s origin. The Energy Department now joins the Federal Bureau of Investigation in saying the virus likely spread via a mishap at a Chinese laboratory. Four other agencies, along with a national intelligence panel, still judge that it was likely the result of a natural transmission, and two are undecided.
The Energy Department’s conclusion is the result of new intelligence and is significant because the agency has considerable scientific expertise and oversees a network of U.S. national laboratories, some of which conduct advanced biological research.
The Energy Department made its judgment with “low confidence,” according to people who have read the classified report.
Source: Wall Street Journal
While there is no consensus among U.S. intel officials about how the pandemic started, the FBI and now the Dept. of Energy have both found an accidental lab leak in Wuhan, China to be plausible. NEW details via @CBSNews First reported WSJ. pic.twitter.com/QE72v15ED2
— Catherine Herridge (@CBS_Herridge) February 27, 2023
“U.S. officials declined to give details on the fresh intelligence and analysis that led the Energy Department to change its position. They added that while the Energy Department and the FBI each say an unintended lab leak is most likely, they arrived at those conclusions for different reasons,” states the WSJ report.
The FBI said that it had “moderate confidence” that the virus spread as a result of an accidental lab leak. In contrast, the DOE admits that the new position is “low confidence”, but that’s the same level of confidence that four other intelligence agencies have placed on their finding that SARS-CoV-2 was of natural origin.
A declassified DNI report reveals that while intelligence agencies remain divided, most are citing “low confidence” in their positions.
The report indicates why it’s so difficult to determine the origin of the virus — China is unwilling to cooperate.
“China’s cooperation most likely would be needed to reach a conclusive assessment of the origins of COVID-19. Beijing, however, continues to hinder the global investigation, resist sharing information, and blame other countries, including the United States,” states the DNI report. “These actions reflect, in part, China’s government’s own uncertainty about where an investigation could lead as well as its frustration the international community is using the issue to exert political pressure on China.”
There were a whole lot of people thinking pretty early on that COVID could’ve come from a lab in Wuhan, China — and it wasn’t just Trump supporters. A report from the Five Eyes alliance, an intelligence alliance comprised of the United States, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom declared that back in mid-April 2020 when most of the world was still locked down.
Here are just a few of the ClashDaily headlines about the Lab Leak Theory:
- Fox News Reports That COVID-19 Accidentally Leaked From Chinese Lab And WHO Was Complicit In The Cover-Up — April 16, 2020.
- Investigative Journalist’s Documentary On The Origin Of The Coronavirus Is A Must-Watch — April 16, 2020.
- Leaked Intel Docs Could Suggest Malicious Origin Of The Chinese Communist Coronavirus — May 2, 2020.
- FAKE NEWS: 60 Minutes Completely Mischaracterizes Pompeo’s Comments About Coronavirus Origin (VIDEO) — May 11, 2020.
- Media(D) Reports That There Is A ‘Growing Body Of Evidence’ That COVID-19 Came From The Wuhan Lab –January 4, 2021.
- FINALLY: Even Liberal Sources Are Confirming Fauci’s Role In Dubbing Lab Leaks ‘A Conspiracy’ — April 1, 2021.
- FAUCI KNEW: With Lab Leak Theory Increasingly Likely, Tucker Rips Officials For Lying — May 25, 2021.
- Corporate Media Hacks Admit They Didn’t Cover The Wuhan Lab Leak Story Because Trump Backed It (VIDEO) — May 31, 2021.
- WATCH: Jon Stewart Says It’s Lab-Leak Theory Is ‘Not A Conspiracy’ — Blue-Check Scientists Pounce — June 15, 2021.
- GOP Report Into COVID Origin Claims The Virus Leaked From Wuhan Lab MONTHS Before The First Case Was Reported — August 2, 2021.
- FBI Was Investigating The NIH Grant To Wuhan Labs — Here’s Why — July 20, 2022.
- Bret Baier Grills Fauci On COVID, The Jabs, And His Dismissal Of The ‘Lab Leak Theory’ (VIDEO) — July 23, 2022.
Where was the media on this? Well, a number of outlets are now claiming that it’s Trump’s fault that they didn’t do their jobs.
Media: It's Trump's fault we failed to investigate China lab-leak theory pic.twitter.com/NTQwU1JU8g
— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) June 7, 2021
Shameful. Unbelievably shameful.
They didn’t follow the evidence because it might mean that the Bad Orange Man and the people in his administration were right.
Journos didn’t even seem to care that doctors, scientists, and even an investigative journalist were being silenced for daring to question the COVID narrative.
- BOOM: Here Comes The TwitterFiles COVID-19 Big Reveal
- BUSTED: Fauci & Collins Conspired To Discredit Dissenting Scientists … And Google Helped
- Fauci And The U.S. Gov’t Are Being SUED For Colluding With Big Tech To Silence Lockdown Skeptics
- Jackboot Biden Leaned On Twitter To Deplatform COVID Dissident Journalist, Says Twitter Staffer
The big question with this DOE assessment… Could this mean some bad news for the now-retired Prevaricating Authoritarian Smurf?
Dr. Anthony Fauci funded gain-of-function research at the Wuhan lab, lied to Congress about it, and now both the FBI & the Department of Energy have concluded that the coronavirus originated at the Wuhan lab.
Does that mean Dr. Anthony Fauci funded the development of COVID-19? pic.twitter.com/ToCQKR91zz
— kanekoa.substack.com (@KanekoaTheGreat) February 26, 2023
How about a little comeuppance for his weird former boss, Francis Collins, the ex-head of the NIH? Collins said in an interview that went out to the large, Christianity Today audience, “If you were trying to design a more dangerous coronavirus, you would never have designed this one … So I think one can say with great confidence that in this case, the bioterrorist was nature… Humans did not make this one. Nature did.”
He seems so certain with that statement.
In two separate interviews, Collins had called the Lab Leak Theory a “distraction” and “part of a conspiracy theory.”
NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins downplays the Wuhan lab leak theory, calling it a "huge distraction" pic.twitter.com/x8TjdVuH52
— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) December 19, 2021
Fox News’ Martha MacCallum questioned NIH director Francis Collins over an email exchange in which officials called references to a lab leak part of a "conspiracy theory." pic.twitter.com/LcfOrcS5NC
— The Post Millennial (@TPostMillennial) June 2, 2021
We can only hope that these COVIDictators will be forced to eat their words and maybe, just maybe face some consequences for sowing distrust in public health institutions.
Check out our Clash Exclusive “I Stand Against White Coat Supremacy” tee in the Clash Store. Your support of our store helps us keep these articles free and not behind a paywall.
1. Gordon, Michael R., and Strobel, William P. “Lab Leak Most Likely Origin of Covid-19 Pandemic, U.S. Agency Now Says.” Wall Street Journal. (archived)February 26, 2023. https://archive.ph/2023.02.26-120226/https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/covid-origin-china-lab-leak-807b7b0a (archived link)
2. Office of the Director of National Intelligence. “Updated Assessment on COVID-19 Origins (Declassified).” https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/documents/assessments/Declassified-Assessment-on-COVID-19-Origins.pdf
3. Collins, Francis, Stump, Jim, and Haarsma, Deborah. “Francis Collins on Science and Faith During COVID-19.” BioLogos. April 13, 2020. https://biologos.org/resources/francis-collins-on-science-and-faith-during-covid-19
Dear Christian: Your Fear Is Full of Crap
by Doug Giles
Beginning in March 2020, many Christians went into lockdown-freak-out mode. Uncut, irrational, unbiblical, and not to mention, unconstitutional, fear gripped many churches and church leaders. Forced to choose between obeying the Word of God or the edict of man, most Western Churches buckled. We even saw it here in First Amendment-protected America.
The Apostle Peter buckled to fear on the night of Christ’s crucifixion. But he learned his lesson and lived the rest of his life bold as a lion. How can the church ‘go and do likewise’?
Read the book and find out!
Get your copy of Dear Christian: Your Fear Is Full of Crap now. Better yet, grab an extra copy for any petrified pastor who dutifully put obedience to the unconstitutional edicts of Mayor McCheese ahead of obedience to the explicit commandments of the LORD God Almighty.