Recently America’s enemies had shown signs of aggression, or at least the possibility of aggression.
First, it was revealed that Iran had sent some of its warships to Brazil and Panama, just like it did so two years ago when it sent warships to Venezuela and Cuba. Such actions indicate Iran’s resolve to form alliances with Latin American nations, while the people of Iran continue to protest the murder of Masah Amini.
Second, there is the case of the Chinese spy balloon flying over the United States before it was shot down along the Atlantic coast.
And it has been revealed that this is not the first time China has sent a spy balloon to the United States. The Chinese did so four months ago when a spy balloon was sent to Hawaii. And at least three times during the Trump Administration Chinese spy balloons were spotted over American soil.
The Chinese claimed the balloon was a civilian weather balloon that had drifted off course. However this balloon began its journey in China, flew either over or past Japan, and by some accounts flew over the coast of Russia before heading across the northwest portion of the Pacific. It then flew into Alaska, then turned south after crossing the Canadian border. From there it headed into Montana, then crossed the Great Plains before heading into the Southeastern United States. It was eventually shot down near Surfside Beach, South Carolina.
Although it is obvious this spy balloon (and the previous spy balloons) are proof that the Chinese are trying to see how much they can get away with, there are many unanswered questions, which are as follows:
- What are the odds a weather balloon is going to drift off course and travel in the direction it did, which in this case was across Canada and the United States, especially since it turned south after crossing the border between both countries?
- Why didn’t the United States Government react sooner to the Chinese spy balloon, especially when it began flying over Alaska?
- Why didn’t the Canadian Government take the appropriate once the balloon entered its airspace?
- Why was no action taken during the previous balloon incidents?
- Who within the United States Government is to blame for not acting sooner? The White House? The Pentagon?
- How much intelligence did these balloons gather, especially since the most recent flew past military bases?
It should be noted that China is buying property near military bases- something that Republicans in Congress are trying to prevent from happening.
Joe Biden will be delivering the State of the Union Address this week. No doubt he will have some explaining to do in regard to this matter.