[Editor’s Note: Thanks to the generous support of readers, our ClashDaily store helps offset operating costs so we don’t have to hide our best content behind a paywall like other sites. If you’re looking for Righteous gear or Rowdy merch, we’ve got you covered. Check out our exclusive canvas tote bags featuring Doug’s Trump art.]
Some of the same people that call the MAGA hat a “neo-Nazi” symbol are now parroting Hamas talking points and don’t seem to see a problem with that.
A lot of “normies” that haven’t been paying attention to the radicalization that has been happening on college campuses over the last few decades are now stunned to see open antisemitism protests at colleges and universities all over North America after Hamas committed a horrific terror attack against innocent Israeli citizens.
Is America headed for a recession?
As Israelis and Jewish family members worldwide mourn the barbaric attack that cost 1,300 lives, pro-Palestinian protesters have seized the moment to condemn Israel and call for an end to the Jewish state.
This sort of “blame the victim” timing is unfathomable to anyone with a conscience.
It seems that conscience is what is lacking on many college campuses.
Student groups are organizing protests — but not to condemn Hamas terrorists or call for the hostages taken from Israel to be released.
Instead, they’re holding vigils for the “freedom fighters” that were killed as their fellow jihadis kidnapped, raped, and slaughtered innocent Jewish families.
Student activists at Georgetown are currently holding a vigil for the Hamas “martyrs” who savagely butchered 1,300 Israelis.
Here are some signs from that vigil, which endorse the attacks as a “tangible” step toward “decolonization.” pic.twitter.com/6x1H1pw8df
— Aaron Sibarium (@aaronsibarium) October 13, 2023
GW students gathering in DC for a planned “Vigil for the Martyrs of Palestine.” Many of them wearing face masks. pic.twitter.com/2FFXU6LJTJ
— Mary Margaret Olohan (@MaryMargOlohan) October 10, 2023
Columbia University held a massive rally on Thursday organized by “Students for Justice in Palestine.” Incomprehensibly, it was billed as a “Call To Action For Palestine” where they would be making demands of their college to support the Palestinian cause — again in the wake of a terror attack against Israel.
A whole lot of people showed up at the event.
Massive turnout at protest at Columbia University in NYC pic.twitter.com/lM2Gn70Jlc
— Cernovich (@Cernovich) October 12, 2023
But it’s not just at Columbia — it’s at college campuses all over the United States.
At a UCLA protest, there were open chants for genocide.
This is @UCLA where students are screaming “intifada, intifada” – a call to murder Israelis and Jews.
Imagine just for a moment what it’s like to a Jewish student on this campus. pic.twitter.com/I52gh6Bqqe
— Aviva Klompas (@AvivaKlompas) October 12, 2023
Same at the University of Washington.
This is the flyer for the @UW Palestinian militant student group event featuring a Hamas paraglider. A unit of the antisemitic terrorist group used paragliders to break into southern Israel to carry out massacres and kidnappings of civilians, including children and babies. pic.twitter.com/vnzXkir4NF
— Andy Ngô 🏳️🌈 (@MrAndyNgo) October 12, 2023
The places that have “trigger warnings” for classic literature like Shakespeare and insist that refusing to use someone’s preferred pronouns is violence, are apparently totally fine with the genocidal “one solution” and “From the River to the Sea” chants in support of the Palestinian cause in the wake of a terror attack that resulted in the death of 1,300 Israelis.
Harvard University, which is now just a hollowed-out husk of its former self and is simply wearing its reputation as an elite institution of higher learning as a skinsuit, is not stopping the disturbing pro-Palestine protests under the guise of “free speech” but this is the same school that has withdrawn acceptances over memes in private group chats.
According to Harvard ‘offensive’ memes in private group chat are grounds to withdraw acceptances but student who signed onto a statement saying they hold Israel “entirely responsible” for the ongoing violence is University’s “commitment to free expression” pic.twitter.com/uCuHE0umcw
— I Meme Therefore I Am 🇺🇸 (@ImMeme0) October 13, 2023
The same people who want to police “hate speech” are fine with calls for genocide of the Jewish people in a country that was created for them because it was their historical homeland and they faced persecution in practically every other country that they lived in.
If Jews cannot be safe in Israel, then where can they be safe?
College campuses in America are right out.
The antisemitic, genocidal chants to eliminate the state of Israel aren’t just college kids that don’t know better saying “edgy” things — it’s causing some tense confrontations.
EXPLOSIVE CONFRONTATIONS: As the pro-Palestine rally was underway at the University of Washington campus, counter protesters holding Israel flags walked through the crowd calling Hamas a terrorist organization.
On cue, the neon vest wearing FAR-LEFT activists and Antifa members… pic.twitter.com/eX7k2JiTVC
— Jonathan Choe Journalist (Seattle) (@choeshow) October 12, 2023
Jewish students don’t feel safe on campus.
— Natasha Mozgovaya (@mozgovaya) October 12, 2023
Why would they feel safe? It’s like watching a rally for the Third Reich.
Maya Sulkin chronicled some recent examples of campus antisemitism in Bari Weiss’s publication, The Free Press:
- On Tuesday, at Drexel University in Philadelphia, a Jewish student’s dorm room was set on fire. No other door in the hall was vandalized, and the student believes she was targeted due to her outspoken support of Israel. Police are now investigating this as a possible hate crime.
- At Stanford on Wednesday, the Students for Justice in Palestine hosted a “teach-in” attended by about 250 people, where a source told The Free Press that a student speaker advised the crowd that the Israeli government’s “goal is to kill all Palestinians.”
- On Thursday at Stanford it was reported that an instructor divided his students at a mandatory undergraduate course called “Civil, Liberal and Global Education” into two camps: Jews and non-Jews. The teacher told the Jewish students to gather their things, stand in a corner, and said, “This is what Israel does to the Palestinians.” The teacher then asked, “How many people died in the Holocaust?” When a student said, “Six million,” the teacher replied, “Colonizers killed more than 6 million. Israel is a colonizer.” In a public statement, Stanford revealed multiple students had reported this conduct, and it was now investigating “identity-based targeting of students.”
- Also on Thursday, George Mason University in Virginia students waved Palestinian flags and chanted “glory to the resistance fighters.”
- At UCLA, many hundreds of students gathered to chant: “intifada, intifada”—a call for an violent uprising against Israel.
- At the University of Washington, a crowd of Students for Justice in Palestine filled the air with chants of “There is only one solution” as a Jewish student cried and begged a guard, “They want us dead. How are you allowing this?” Olivia Feldman, the 20-year-old co-president of Students Supporting Israel at the college, told The Free Press, “I’ve been called a terrorist and a colonizer. I’ve been called a baby killer in the past. A lot of students are really afraid to go to class tomorrow.”
- On Thursday, a Fox News reporter said that at least three protesters at the University of Massachusetts Amherst followed her into a parking garage, demanding to know her ethnicity, address, and phone number. When she refused, one of the protesters told her “I’ll have my lawyers contact you” and “have a terrible day.” (One of our reporters was denied an interview at a rally earlier this week because she was not Arab.)
The useful idiots on campuses all over North America that are parroting Hamas are calling Israel a “colonialist state” and Jews are colonizers despite having a continuous presence in the region for thousands of years.
Can you think of anyone else that they call “colonizers”? And what do you think their solution for that would be?
We are living in dangerous times with dangerous ideology running rampant.