1) Our Congress passes bills that run into the thousands of pages; then we’re surprised that the bills are full of loopholes, set asides for lobbyists and toxic clauses no one seemed to know about.
2) We’ve replaced telling the difference between right and wrong with legalisms; then we’re surprised that people are always looking for loopholes and technicalities to get out of fulfilling their obligations.
3) Feminists denigrate men, tell them to behave more like women and are offended by chivalry; then they’re surprised to find that our society has been inundated by passive, wimpy beta males.
4) Congress hasn’t produced a budget in more than 3 years, most of the big bills don’t go through the normal committee process, and parliamentary maneuvers are used to block debate and keep Republicans from offering amendments to bills; then we’re surprised when we have gridlock, filibusters and massive fights over the debt limit.
5) We allow politicians to work as highly paid lobbyists after they leave Congress; then we’re surprised when they give favorable treatment to companies they hope will make them wealthy after they leave Congress.
6) We demonize big business, pile on the regulations, raise taxes on job creators and treat successful people like the enemy; then we’re surprised that the economy’s not growing.
7) Our first priority when it comes to schools is catering to the teachers’ unions, not educating our kids; then we’re surprised at the poor quality of public education in our country.
8) We allow communists, terrorists, and people who hate America to be public university professors in this country; then we’re surprised when our college students graduate without understanding how this country works and what made it great in the first place.
9) We celebrate victimhood; then we’re surprised to see people faking hate crimes.
10) We have abundant oil supplies on our own soil that we don’t drill; then we’re surprised that gas prices are so high.
11) We reward people for not working with welfare, food stamps and countless other government programs; then we’re surprised to have so many takers demanding that everyone else pay their way.
12) We allow public sector unions to exist and funnel tax dollars into political campaigns and collaborate with politicians; then we’re surprised when the unions drive whole cities and soon, states, into bankruptcy with their exorbitant salaries and benefits.
13) We create gun free zones; then we’re surprised when crazy people with guns go there to kill people because they know no one will be armed.