This Huffington Post Writer, Matthew Lynch, lists 12 reasons why Barack Obama is one of the best presidents ever. One of the reasons including, “He is for entertaining the masses.” Hmm..where have we heard that before in history?
See list below via The Huffington Post:
12 Reasons Why Obama is One of the Best Presidents Ever
1. He is for The People. Say what you will about Barack Obama, but unlike the many presidents who preceded him, he cares about what is best for the greater good. He truly does represent The People.
2. He is for civil rights. He has consistently spoken on behalf of the disenfranchised, the underdog and the most controversial members of society -despite the fact that it was politically unpopular to do so at the time.
3. He is for one race – the human race. In just a few short years, Obama’s professional achievements and continued demonstration of equality and integrity have done wonders for race relations. America has never been more unified as a people than it has been under the direct leadership of Barack Obama.
4. He is for a healthcare system that brings hope and healing to the hurting. Obama’s healthcare plan has allowed uninsured Americans to reap the benefits of a universal healthcare system.
5. He is for the middle class.
6. He is for women’s rights.
7. He is for doing away with pomp and circumstance. Let’s be real – Obama is one cool cat.
8. He is for the environment. President Barack Obama has taken a forward thinking approach to creating a red, white, blue and green America.
9. He is for veterans.
10. He is for peace. Let us never forget that Barack Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 -one of the greatest accomplishments any man or woman could hope to achieve in a lifetime.
11. He is for education.
12. He is for entertaining the masses. If we have to listen to a president yakitty-yak about this or that for another four years, we might as well pick one with charisma and charm. If you can’t find anything else appealing about Obama, you can’t deny the fact that the guy is an amazing speaker with wit, fantastic comedic timing and an incredible intellect. In fact, I will go so far as to say that when the man does finally retire from politics, he has a rewarding and lucrative job as a stand up comic awaiting him if he so chooses. When’s the last time you heard a president joke about drinking beer, belt out Al Green with poise and precision at a moment’s notice and admit to watching the Kardashians?