Here is a list of Obama quotes along with my thoughts regarding them.
1. “I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are Independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face.”
So, he wants his supporters to resort to abuse and intimidation as a way of dealing with dissent. I noticed he didn’t mention members of Third Parties.
2. “I’ve got two daughters. Nine years old and six years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby.”
Given his upbringing (he’s a red diaper baby and hails from politically corrupt Chicago) I have many doubts concerning his values and morals. Also, having a baby is not punishment — it is a gift from God. But I guess Obama has no problem with his daughters having abortions.
3. “If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.”
I don’t see any resemblance between the two individuals.
4. “You didn’t build that.”
Seriously, how does Obama know? Did every business owner give him details on how they started their businesses? Is Obama an expert in business or economics?
5. “Over the past fifteen months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.”
Seriously, he doesn’t know there are only 50 states? Was he also including the territories (e.g. Puerto Rico, Guam)?
6. “What Washington needs is adult supervision.”
I believe that’s what the Tea Party and other watchdog groups are doing.
7. “I mean, I do think at a certain point you have made enough money.”
Spoken like a true commie.
8. “We’ve protected thousands of lives in Libya; we have not seen a single U.S. casualty; there’s no risk of additional escalation. This operation is limited in time and in scope.”
Then how does he explain Benghazi?
9. “I want to know whose ass to kick.”
It’s still unclear what the exact cause of the BP oil rig explosion was. And physically kicking someone in the behind can result in jail time.
10. (On handling the economy): “Some people say that we should roll back regulations. We tried that — it didn’t work.”
No, that method was not tried at all. Note: this quote was from a reelection bid commercial during the Opening Ceremony of the 2012 Summer Olympics. I only saw this ad once — I guess Obama and his team thought it might backfire (I’m not sure whether it was pulled over it being a lie or it being seen as taking advantage of people watching the Olympics). If anyone finds footage or a description of this ad, please let me know so I can verify its accuracy.
11. “You can keep it.”
Thanks to this healthcare law, many people are losing their health insurance.
Image: Courtesy of: http://newprotest.org/details.pl?1029/