by Sylvia Andrews
Clash Daily Guest Contributor
Common Core has brought US education to a new low. It incorporates everything that we do not want for our children and grandchildren. It is obvious that the so-called educators who developed this monstrosity had a hidden agenda, and it wasn’t quality education for our youth. What’s wrong with Common Core and our current educational system? Let me count the ways:
1. The data-mining of our children.
2. It discourages individualism and promotes a one-size-fits-all model.
3. It imposes ineffective teaching methods.
4. Parents, teachers, and local elected officials, are taken out of the decision-making process and all is decided at the national level by a group of Socialist bureaucrats.
5. This is the same group that yells about having diversity. However, the only kind they want is the import of illegal aliens from our Southern border, and Obama’s Muslims. We HAD diversity before this current administration came along and we did quite well. Our diversity fostered individualism and the teaching about an exceptional America, and her traditions.
6. The standards are confusing, incomplete, and vague.
7. The math components are so confusing and totally ridiculous in their presentation that it’s no wonder that the children become discouraged and learn nothing.
8. Testing isn’t used to help the student, it is used to gather personal information about the student and his or her family.
9. History is being rewritten in the history section with the emphasis not on the great accomplishments of this country, and truly how great America really is, but our children are exposed to a set of tenets which insist that, in fact, this is a lousy country.
10. States were bribed and intimidated to get them to take on Common Core. This should have raised a red flag to everybody.
11. Many of the educators who originally worked on Common Core refused to sign off on their segments because they claimed it was either untruthful and/or of poor quality.
12. What’s going on in the schools now is not about high-quality education for our kids. It’s about lowering the academic level of what states require for high school diplomas and for admission to public colleges.
13. This is truly education without representation from the people that matter.
14. Public school children in grades K through 12 are being assigned textbooks that mis-represent and often glorify Islamic beliefs in history, at the expense of all other religions. This country was founded on Judeo-Christian concepts, NOT Islamic ones.
Then our dear children enter college and, unfortunately, in many of the colleges they are greeted with lefty, progressive, professors who do not allow any decent discourse in the classroom. Various points of view cannot be discussed, and if you try, you might flunk the course. In other words, according to these self-righteous, Liberal excuses for professors, the concept is “my way or the highway”. All of a sudden we find specific “zones” where one can speak…I thought the First Amendment guaranteed us the right to speak anywhere. There is harassment if your child happens to be a conservative, a Republican, or a Libertarian, and there is a general atmosphere of discomfort on campus.
All this so-called educational setup that was pushed through by progressive Feds will produce a generation of dumbed-down, robot-like citizens for the future. The government plan is to control everyone’s life from cradle to grave, and this is the beginning of totalitarianism. I do not know about all of you but, as for me, I want my country back, so let’s try to do something about that.
You can write me with any comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sylvia Andrews has a Masters Degree in nursing, and has practiced for many years. She is politically active, holds strong opinions about how and where the country should be headed. A well-travelled person, she’s been to almost all 50 states and several foreign countries. She advocates for the Constitution and very much for the 2nd Amendment. She can be contacted at email@example.com