Brits are not happy with Obama after he traveled there to attempt to stop them from exiting the European union. Here’s a comment from the Daily Mail where they explain why they would never want to listen to Obama:
The tone was patronising, the language menacing – and the message not only hypocritical but, frankly, insulting.
Certainly, Barack Obama has every right to say he thinks it’s in America’s best interests for Britain to remain in the EU, if that is what he believes.
But he has no business to come here and preach that submission to Brussels is good for the people of the UK.
By arguing that a Britain outside the EU would be at the ‘back of the queue’ for a trade deal, to Number 10’s delight, Mr Obama displayed contempt for voters and left little doubt that he sees the special relationship as a one-way street.
Has he forgotten he leads a nation founded to proclaim independence from overseas control, whose citizens died for the right to make their own laws?
Will he not admit that the US wouldn’t agree in a million years to join a body like the EU, putting the Supreme Court in Washington under the thumb of foreign judges? Or that freedom-loving America wouldn’t tolerate for a second the statist edicts spewing daily from Brussels?
Why, then, does he abuse the UK’s hospitality by urging Britons to remain in a relationship his own people would never countenance?
Read more: Daily Mail
If they need any more reasons why not to listen to him, here are 10 reasons why he has failed at being a U.S. President by Robert Tracinski:
1. He didn’t heal our racial divisions.
Our expectations of Obama were overblown from the beginning, but he worked pretty hard to overblow them. Certainly, when voters chose him, they were hoping for the opposite of an unscrupulous race-hustler like Al Sharpton. There was even a joke about Obama sending Sharpton and Jesse Jackson on missions to non-existent countries just to get them as far away from his campaign as possible. Now, Sharpton is being described as Obama’s “go-to man on race,” with a White House source gushing to The Politico that “There’s a trust factor with The Rev from the Oval Office on down.”
2. The stimulus didn’t stimulate.
President Obama was elected in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, and his first big act in office was to sign a gargantuan package of “stimulus” spending—financed entirely with debt—that was supposed to jump-start the economy. Congress voted for hundreds of billion of dollars for “shovel-ready projects” which Obama later discovered don’t exist, and the money disappeared without a trace.
3. Financial reform didn’t reform.
But surely, Obama saw to it that we would never repeat the problems that led to the financial crisis and the recession in the first place, right? Except that the Dodd-Frank financial reforms didn’t really reform anything. They created a couple thousand pages of new legislation and many, many more new executive-branch regulations, which have helped to muddle the rules rather than clarify them. But these regulations have never really resolved any of the pre-crisis problems.
4. ObamaCare is a boondoggle.
The disastrous launch of ObamaCare was a reminder of everything that’s wrong with big government. It turns out that when we warned health insurance would be run as well as the Department of Motor Vehicles, we were too optimistic. And no one was ever held accountable for that fiasco.
5. Obama failed to reform immigration.
He spent all of his political capital, and then some, on the failed stimulus and the ObamaCare boondoggle, leaving nothing for immigration reform. Having failed to get anything through Congress, he floated a dubious plan to enact amnesty through a unilateral executive authority that he doesn’t have. Then he dropped the idea.
6. He withdrew prematurely from Iraq.
Obama was so eager to not be George W. Bush that he pulled all of our troops out of Iraq as soon as possible, then totally ignored the country, even as a terrorist threat re-established itself there. For most of this year, he foolishly downplayed the rise of the Islamic State. Even as Kurds and the Iraqi government issued increasingly panicked warnings, and the Islamic State took over more and more territory, he let the problem get worse for months without bothering to interrupt his golf schedule.
7. He blew the Arab Spring.
When a series of uprisings overthrew dictators across the Middle East, Obama failed to adopt any meaningful policy or to turn the situation to our advantage. He dithered for so long on Egypt that all of the factions there hate him, and most of Egypt’s liberals concluded that he was secretly backing the Muslim Brotherhood. The result is that Egypt went right back to where it was before, except this time the military dictatorship regards America as a useless and irrelevant ally.
8. Obama ignored the threat of a resurgent Russian dictatorship.
During a debate with Mitt Romney in 2012, Obama dismissed Romney’s suggestion that Russia might be a threat to American interests, sneering, “The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back.” Now it’s looking more like the 1970s are calling, with an aggressive Russian dictatorship invading its neighbors, leaving our European allies feeling exposed and unsure whether they can really count on support from the US and NATO. Poland’s foreign minister has been overheard complaining about—how shall I put this politely?—his country’s unrequited love for America.
9. He didn’t shut down Guantanamo, keep the NSA from spying, or rein in the drones.
President Obama came into office having loudly condemned many of the Bush administration’s measures against terrorism. Then he continued them. You can call this hypocrisy or you can call it subversion. But President Obama has achieved a unique combination: managing to morally discredit America’s anti-terrorism policies without actually ending them.
10. He has made America irrelevant.
You will notice that most of Obama’s failures result, not from taking a bold stand, but from taking no stand and just letting events drift. Certainly, in a lot of these cases, Obama has given speeches or press conference to announce his enlightened intentions—then done nothing to plan for how to actually achieve his goals.
But if he is irrelevant, that makes America irrelevant. We can look at the Arab Spring, at Ukraine, and at Iraq, but let’s add one more example. For most of his presidency, Obama has declared his intention to “pivot to Asia,” extricating himself from the Middle East and focusing on bolstering our Pacific allies to peacefully manage the rise of China. It’s pretty widely acknowledged that he never managed to do it, letting the Asia pivot die of neglect.
Read more: The Federalist
And if you still aren’t convinced, here is another list of Obama’s worst moments as President as well:
- IRS targets Obama’s enemies
- Spying on the AP
- The ATF “Fast and Furious” scheme
- Sebelius demands payment
- The Pigford Agriculture Department Scandal
- The General Services Administration Las Vegas Spending Spree.
- Veterans Affairs in Disney World and neglecting vets
- New Black Panthers Voter Intimidation
- The hacking of Sharyl Attkisson’s computer
- Obama’s LIES about the Affordable Care Act
- “I’ll Pass My Own Laws”
- NSA Spying on American People
- Lack of solidarity with Israel
- Disaster with the Arab Spring
- Leaving Iraq too soon and letting ISIS take over
- Handling of Syrian Red Line
- Calling ISIS “JV”
- Failing to Recognize ISIS as a Radical (or Devout) Muslim Movement
- Returning the bust of Churchill to the Brits
- Lack of Confidence by NATO nations
- Signing a Disastrous Nuclear Deal with the Mullahs of Ira
- Paid $5 Billion & Released 5 Taliban Prisoners For Deserter Bergdahl
- Waging war by attacking Libya without Congressional approval
- Failure to secure the Border
- Illegals bringing guns, drug and diseases through the southern border
- Bowe Bergdahl swap
- Passing on the keystone pipeline
- 9 Trillion dollars more in debt
- Vast expansion of government
- Racial Division at all-time high
- Inviting Bomb Boy Ahmed to White House
- Disrespect for Cops
- Failed economic stimulus plan
- Constant disregard for the Constitution and tyrannical rule
- China overtook America as world’s largest economy
- Double Downgrade
- Housing policies failed to stop foreclosures
- Price of healthcare has drastically risen for those purchasing it
- Education policies failed to curb college costs
- Highest percentage of Americans on Food Stamps and Medicaid
- Record 92,898,000 Americans over 16 years not working
- Lowest Labor Force participation rate of 62.7%
- Denying the notion of American Exceptionalism
- Securing the Olympics for Chicago in 2016
- Naming numerous Communists/Socialists/Progressives to Czar Positions
- Mismanagement and cover up of Terrorist shootings in San Bernardino, California
- Mismanagement of Gulf Oil Spill
- Disastrous Vetting Process of “Immigrants” from Muslim Nations
President Barack Obama told Britain today that it would have to ‘go to the back of the queue’ if it leaves the European Union, then tries to negotiate its own trade deal with the United States.
A US-UK trade agreement is not going to happen ‘any time soon,’ Obama said during a joint news conference with British Prime Minister David Cameron.
‘Not because we don’t have a special relationship but because given the heavy lift on any trade agreement, us having access to a big market with a lot of countries rather than trying to do piecemeal trade agreements, which is hugely inefficient,’ the U.S. leader said.
Obama faced a furious backlash overseas this morning over what has been called a ‘downright hypocritical’ push for Britain to stay in the European Union.
In a highly controversial intervention in the EU referendum campaign, Obama pleaded with British voters in a local newspaper and then the press conference not to cut ties with Brussels.
‘The United States wants a strong United Kingdom as a partner, and the United Kingdom is at its best when it is helping to lead a strong Europe,’ Obama said during a news conference at Britain’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
In his op-ed Obama also invoked the spirit of the Second World War by claiming the sacrifice of GIs meant America has a stake in the EU debate and said the decision in June’s referendum ‘will echo in the prospects of today’s generation of Americans as well’.
London Mayor Boris Johnson accused him of making an ‘incoherent’ and ‘inconsistent’ argument.
A furious Johnson said this morning: ‘The Americans would never contemplate anything like the EU, for themselves or for their neighbors in their own hemisphere. Why should they think it right for us?’
Read more: Daily Mail