“Donald Trump doesn’t want to make America great again…he wants to make America hate again.” Yep, Hillary’s got jokes.
Her “make America hate again” routine came hot on the heels of her chuckle-fest on late night television, during which the entirety of her email scandal was waved off as being little more than “rumors” or GASP “conspiracy theories”.
Hey, James Comey, did you know you are a conspiracy theory? That’s how the Clintons repay their allies, buddy, get used to it. If she’s elected President you’ll be lucky to get Barney Fife’s job in a one stop sign town.
Among other so-called conspiracy theories are all those demands from left and right alike that the Clinton Foundation shut its doors to alleviate any hint of impropriety. Cue the laugh track on that one. The Clinton Foundation isn’t going anywhere. The way this is supposed to work out, Hillary wins the White House and puts Senator Kirstin Gillibrand in some key slot within her administration so Chelsea can swoop in and be the junior Senator from New York. The Clinton Foundation – complete with donations from only the Lord Almighty Himself knows who – will bankroll the whole thing.
That’s how political dynasties happen. Bill, Hillary, then Chelsea. Kind of like how North Korea had Kim Il-Sung, then Kim Jong-Il, and then lil’chubster Kim Jong-Un. That’s not to suggest that Chelsea is a little chubby around the edges – only that she shares a whole lot of Webb Hubbell’s features.
Political dynasties also, in most cases, require a singular ideological framework within which to exist. Yes, there are exceptions. Qaboos bin Said al-Said in Oman for example, deposed his father Said bin Taimur in 1970, in part due to ideological differences. That’s an exception. Whether Kim or Clinton, ideology is key.
For Hillary, that ideology is filed under the heading “progressive”. Ever the comedian, she brought out that descriptor some years back when “liberal” wasn’t what liberals wanted to be called anymore because liberals found themselves glued to a decades-long track record of abject failure. So they resurrected “progressive” because most Americans had forgotten how horrible progressivism actually was.
Which brings things full circle. “Make America Hate Again”. Precisely when was that Hillary? When did America “hate”? Lots of historical milestones come to mind:
– Robert KKK Byrd in West Virginia was a major league hater. He ran his own branch of the KKK in his state. Bill Clinton famously defended the guy saying basically, everybody back then was in the Klan so it was cool that Senator Byrd was too.
– Detroit, Oakland, Baltimore, Ferguson, are among several cesspools of racial strife and hatred. Democrats have run all of those cities for generations.
– Woodrow Wilson, the grand-daddy of modern American progressivism was a hateful sort. He created the American Protective League – essentially a civilian corps of neighbors spying on neighbors – and he once jailed a man for challenging his politics. Wilson also re-segregated the military after Republicans desegregated it during Reconstruction.
– The Eugenicists were all progressives. Sanger and Shaw and everyone in between. To suggest baby killing as a way to maintain racial purity isn’t just hateful, it’s Hitler-esque.
– From the 1930s onward, the political left in America flirted with all sorts of flavors of hate. Members of FDR’s cabinet once placed portraits of fascist heads of state in their official offices. FDR himself exchanged adoring letters with the same. When the fascist version of leftism was revealed for what it was, the left then adored Stalin, Mao, and Fidel Castro. Later, they’d even find virtue in Hugo Chavez’s Venezuela, Saddam Hussein’s Iraq, and the Islamic State. So much hate.
– Back to Castro. How about Che? Liberals love to don a Che t-shirt. Che killed thousands.
– Back to the Islamic State, how many articles have appeared in the New York Times and other outlets lavishing praise on all the social services the regime in Raqqa doles out to its subjects?
– Don’t forget, virtually every mass shooting and/or politically motivated shooting was conducted by an ultra-leftist.
– Which progressive said, “if they bring a knife we bring a gun”. Hint, he’s into gun control and if he had a son that son would look just like Trayvon Martin.
Those are a few of literally dozens of examples that Hillary hopes her simpleton sloganeering will obscure. Let’s face it, her voter base isn’t that smart. Disagree? Find them on social media and try to talk issues. It doesn’t work. They get “make America hate again” because it’s easy enough for them to repeat when they are dancing to techno in their car. They can’t comprehend generations of history that reveal “hate” always – always – is hand in glove with left-leaning politics. Comprehension requires cognition and the party that plays Santa Claus doesn’t foster much of that.
That’s where Donald Trump’s biggest challenge this fall resides: Getting the point across to a big chunk of the population that ought to know better but doesn’t.