George Michael lived hard and struggled with drug addiction for decades.
Early reports cited the cause of death as ‘heart failure’.
Heavy drug use can do that.
Debauchery and drug use ultimately were the things that killed him.
George Michael was taking Class A drugs in the months before his death and had been previously rushed to hospital die to drug issues, it has been claimed.
The singer passed away aged 53 at his home in Goring-on-Thames in Oxfordshire, on Christmas Day.
A source, claiming to be close to Michael, told The Daily Telegraph he had been battling a heroin addiction for the past year.
The source said: ‘He’s been rushed to A&E on several occasions. He used heroin. I think it’s amazing he’s lasted as long as he has.’
The source also claimed that Michael had previously suffered an overdose.
It is understood Michael’s team emphatically deny the claims.
Another source, said to be a friend of Michael’s, told The Daily Mirror that the popstar – who sold over 100million records over a career that spanned four decades – enjoyed hedonistic parties just a few weeks before he died.
The source said that the singer would party all night at his £8million Highgate mansion in north London.
It said: ‘George loved having friends over and was often still going strong well into the following morning. This continued right up until his death.’
Read more: Daily Mail
Micheals obviously struggled in his personal life and suffered from depression.
His sexuality was very public — in the 80’s he announced that he was bi-sexual, then ‘came to grips’ that he was actually homosexual.
He had a number of very public embarrassing incidents, including the infamous ‘lewd act’ he was arrested for in 1998 in a Beverly Hills public bathroom.
He was arrested multiple times for drug possession.
He self-medicated with drugs and sex.
His decisions cut his life short.