So, which is it, Leftists? Is fake news BAD, or are hit pieces good?
Here is one paragraph from the lead of GQ’s piece on Hope Hicks. Does the language seem objective… dispassionate… impartial?
The 27-year-old press secretary was clad in a teal dress, and she dug her stilettos into the colorless carpet as she showed me into the office, a room festooned with enough Trump memorabilia to suggest a serial killer’s shrine. There before me sat Trump himself, behind his giant desk, upon which there was nothing resembling a computer, a PalmPilot, or even an Etch A Sketch. – GQ
Stiletto… colorless… festooned… serial killer… palm pilot… etch a sketch.
Lest we mistake GQ for being ‘fair’… here are a few recent GQ headlines:
‘Here’s Barack Obama Unlocking Peak Vacation Dad Mode‘
‘Why Obama Will Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents of All Time‘ (That one comes with THIS picture:)
The headline in the hit piece says it all:
‘The Mystifying Triumph of Hope Hicks, Donald Trump’s Right-Hand Woman’
If an article dripping such obvious contempt were written about the successes of a LIBERAL woman by a conservative, it would be condemned as ‘catty’, ‘sexist’, ‘ageist’ (and if it were possible to invoke race) ‘racist’.
Oh. Wait. HERE’S the problem:
Olivia Nuzzi covers politics for The Daily Beast. This is her first article for GQ.
The Daily Beast. If CNN were actually interested about fake news on the LEFT, that might be a GREAT place to begin their search.
This article is more a measurement of the politically lopsided fake news the ‘legacy (read: dinosaur) media’ us used to serving up. Over the last eight years, for example, the media has been (idologically) performing services for Democrats that would make Monica Lewinsky blush.
How sad is it that you have to turn to COSMO… a magazine that doesn’t normally mess with politics… to find a story that is willing to celebrate the surprising success of this talented young woman.
i think i can honestly say this is the first time i've heard hope hicks speak pic.twitter.com/HuidZhCNVk
— David Mack (@davidmackau) December 17, 2016
Cosmo wrote a very DIFFERENT article see if you can spot the difference in reporting (edited for brevity):
On Dec. 22, Trump announced that she would serve on his communications team as strategic communications director.
Here are 14 things you should know about the young woman juggling Trump’s message:
1. She’s from Greenwich, Connecticut
2. She’s a former college jock.
3. Her career started in 2012, when she joined the public relations firm Hiltzik Strategies.
4. Public relations runs in her family.
5. She had no political experience prior to the Trump campaign.
6. Her campaign duties included helping Trump tweet.
7. She’s the only young woman in Trump’s inner circle
8. Former colleagues and friends praise her incredible work ethic.
9. They also said working with such a controversial figure won’t hurt her career prospects.
10. Previous profiles of Hicks have mentioned that she’s a dead ringer for supermodel Hilary Rhoda.
11. While she played lacrosse in college, she stayed sober.
12. Hicks was the sole gatekeeper for Trump’s media requests.
13. Hicks will serve on Trump’s White House communication team.
14. Hicks currently lives in a Trump apartment.
This is only a sampling of a very well-written larger article, well worth reading.
With the unending accusations of Trump being a ‘misogynist’ it’s hard to imagine he would even HIRE such a person… let alone place such responsibilities on her shoulders.
The Attack Media (D) couldn’t POSSIBLY be LYING to us… could they?