The media firestorm that ensued after the senseless murder of nine black parishioners in Charleston, South Carolina is not repeated when whites are the murder victims of blacks.
Here are eight examples:
• A 60-year-old white man was fatally shot after the Good Samaritan tried to help another shooting victim. Reports say laundromat manager Nekia Johnson was shot dead during an apparent robbery attempt. The gunman then turned his weapon on Russ Roberts when he came to the victim’s aid.
Arrested for the crime is 33-year-old Roshaun Bernard Jones. Jones was identified by TMZ.com as a nationally known martial arts contender.
The crime occurred in Del City, Oklahoma and was reported by news9.com on January 27, 2017.
• 58-year-old Kevin Jenks, a white man, was fatally choked at his home on July 8, 2016. Arrested for the crime was Robert M. “Divine” Henry, a 45-year-old black male.
According to poststar.com
“Henry, of Ilion, faces second-degree murder, burglary, robbery and lesser counts for the July 6 strangulation death of Jenks in Jenks’ home and theft of his car, credit cards and other valuables.”
The crime occurred in Queensbury, New York.
• The male accused of murdering reality show contestant Lisa Marie Naegle, 36, says he is not guilty.
Reports say the victim’s body was found buried in a shallow grave in the suspect’s backyard. He is identified as 34-year-old Jackie Jerome Rogers.
Police say Naegle was beaten to death with a hammer.
Rogers is black. Naegle was white.
Rogers, a nursing student who accompanied Naegle to [a] gathering but repeatedly told her family he did not leave the party with her, told investigators where to find the body, according to police. He was arrested the same day. According to Naegle’s husband, Derek Harryman, his wife called him around 2:45 a.m. Dec. 18 and said she was leaving the party but stopping to get something to eat on the way. She never came home and also failed to show up for nursing classes she taught at West Los Angeles College.
• A 22-year-old white man lost his life after he was apparently randomly selected for robbery.
Reports indicate that Thomas McDonald was accosted as he approached an apartment home of a friend. Charged with killing the young white man is Martin Alexander Robinson, 18.
The crime occurred on December 7, 2016. The arrest was reported by fox46charlotte.com on January 25, 2017.
• A blond-haired, blue-eyed white woman and her white 9-year-old white daughter were brutally murdered in Fitzgerald, Georgia. Arrested for the crime is a 38-year-old black male.
No riots, lynchings, or national media coverage were reported in reaction the crimes.
The crimes apparently occurred Thursday, January 26, 2017.
Few details were provided by the media.
The victims were identified as Jennifer Taylor, 33, and the daughter as Marissa Lynn Taylor.
The suspect is Veartis Tyrone Wallace, 38, who reportedly was Taylor’s boyfriend, according to walb.com.
• Tiffany Greer lost her life in Indianapolis when she was fatally shot in her home by her boyfriend, identified as Eric Harden. Harden then turned the gun on himself.
Greer’s brother told fox59.com that he believed his sister was trying to escape the relationship.
The woman’s 2-year-old daughter was in the home at the time of the shooting.
Greer was white. Harden was black.
According to fox59.com:
The suspect in this case had a history of violence long before the deadly shooting. According to court records, in 2013 prosecutors charged Harden with domestic violence. In 2015 he was charged again with resisting law enforcement and last year was sentenced to anger control counseling. The IMPD also says they were called to the couple’s home in 2015 after a violent fight between the victim and suspect during which some property was damaged.
• A 21-year-old black male was arrested in connection with the shooting death of a white pizza delivery driver.
Jared Banta, 21, was shot in his car. Reports say the robbery may have been connected to a drug deal.
Other arrests were made. Not all the suspects are black.
The crime occurred in Frankfort, Kentucky and was reported January 10, 2017 by wtzq.com.
• Two of three males went before a judge recently in connection with the robbery and murder of a white Marine in June, 2014.
Quincinio Canada and Dawan Mulazim, both black, are two of the three on trial for the crimes.
Reports say 26-year-old Jonathan Price was fatally shot outside the Austin City Saloon in Lexington, Kentucky. He was with his wife at the time of the crime, celebrating her birthday.
The crime was reported by wtvq.com on January 31, 2017.
Image: Charleston, SC Church shooting memorial service; By Nomader – Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=41051271