I remain committed to calling ’em as I see ’em. This was simply among the most inspiring speeches I’ve ever heard. Here are five reasons President Trump’s speech to the United Nations was nothing short of fantastic.
1. With ambassadors from North Korea, Iran, and Venezuela present, he blasted the leadership of those countries, calling them out for their evils. I suspect few have confronted evil so directly and strongly.
2. Calling them “cruel,” he condemned communism and socialism as “failed” ideologies responsible for misery and starvation. In a room full of communists and socialists, he stated, “The problem in Venezuela isn’t that socialism has been poorly implemented, but that it has been faithfully implemented.” (Check out his full comments on socialism and communism starting at 33:36, one of the highlights of the speech.
3. Drawing attention to the compassion of the American people, he reminded the world that we have used our power for good.
4. He exalted the right of the people to self-government. Quoting John Adams, he explicitly defended American patriotism and lauded our Constitution.
5. He stated that he/we will put the interests of the United States first and that we are done letting other countries walk all over us.
Image: Screen shot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKK7IT6O7MQ