Once again, the media seems to have missed the most offensive point Michelle Obama made during her recent anti-Trump rant. She portrayed both Barack Obama and Donald Trump as the “good parent” and “bad parent” respectively.
Only people that support a cradle-to-grave nanny state view the President in parental terms. Only people that believe in a rigid-collectivist, “it-takes-a-village” society look to their President as a parental figure.
I’m sorry Michelle but:
• Barack Obama was not our national father figure.
• Donald Trump is not our national father figure.
• As First Family you were not our collective mother.
• It is not the job of a President, regardless of party, to parent all us children.
• The only children you and Barack have are named Malia and Sasha. You won’t find me or any other American in your “family”.