Another Politically Incorrect Guide is out in bookstores, and it is the Politically Incorrect Guide to Immigration by John Zmirak. In his book, Zmirak discusses the impact of illegal immigrants in America when it comes to jobs, crime, the welfare state, and the threat of terrorism. Zmirak also points out the following:
• Immigrant-headed households take 57 percent more food assistance than other households.
• The average cost in welfare to every illegal immigrant-headed household is $5,692.
• The wall would cost $12 billion to $15 billion, and save nearly $64 billion over a period of ten years.
• Competition from immigrants costs American workers $450 billion a year.
• Building the wall would cost less than half of what America spends on educating illegal immigrants every year.
• Illegal immigrants cost American taxpayers $116 billion each year.
• Sixty-two of naturalized immigrants pledge their support to the Democratic Party, while only twenty-five percent of them pledge their support to the Republican Party.
• The Founding Fathers wanted to admit only those immigrants who could contribute to America, as well as be willing to assimilate.
• Millions of nineteenth-century immigrants who could not make it in America wound up returning to their home countries.
• The percentage of foreign-born people in the United States today is the highest since World War I, and the difference is that today there is no policy of Americanization.
• After amnesty was implemented during the Reagan Administration, the number of illegal immigrants in America increased from 3.2 million to 11 million.
• Over 700,000 foreign visitors to the United States in 2016 overstayed their visas.
• Eighty percent of Central American women and girls who come to the United States illegally are raped along the way.
• Non-citizens make up only 9 percent of America’s population but 27 percent of federal inmates.
• One-hundred-forty-seven million more people from around the world would like to move to the United States.
In addition, Zmirak presents the following questions to those who are in favor of illegal immigrants:
• Do we as Americans have the right to say no to any of those 165 million people?
• If so, based on what grounds? Our national interests, perhaps?
• Are we allowed to seek the best interests of America, even if it inconveniences foreign citizens whose presence here breaks our laws?
• In reference to the so called Dreamers who were brought to America illegally as children, if their parents steal something of value and give it to them, do they get to keep it because they’re innocent?
• If such a scenario applies to the trust funds Bernie Madoff set up for his grandchildren, then would it also apply to U.S. citizenship?
• We can only accept a finite number of immigrants. So how many Middle Eastern Christian refugees and Korean physicists who attempt to enter America legally do you want to turn away in order to make room for the kids whose parents broke the law by coming here illegally?
So be sure to check out Zmirak’s book.
Image: Screen shot: https://www.amazon.com/Politically-Incorrect-Guide-Immigration-Guides/dp/1621576736