It wasn’t so long very ago when there was some sense of how a person should conduct themselves when visiting the White House.
As some — like Mark Levin — have pointed out, courtrooms don’t need an expansive list of rules of conduct for how a person must and must not behave in the court.
Even Obama claimed the ability to make the same sort of decision concerning disruptions when he said ‘this is my house’…
If a courtroom is going to conduct the work of the day, certain expectations of orderliness must be followed. Otherwise, the whole enterprise descends into chaos. You’d think that same authority would extend to the Executive branch while at the White House.
But one judge didn’t think the Executive Branch should get to enforce its own standards for a Press Conference (about which the Constitution says nothing as press conferences are a comparatively recent development) with the same freedom that a judge can enforce its standards in a courtroom. Whether that judge’s decision violates the separation of powers or not remains to be tested in court.
In the meantime, since the Press was unable to maintain something resembling orderly conduct in the Press Conferences, rules have been put in place.
1. A journalist called upon to ask a question will ask a single question and then will yield the floor to other journalists;
2. At the discretion of the President or other White House official taking questions, a follow-up question or questions may be permitted; and where a follow up has been allowed and asked, the questioner will then yield the floor;
3. “Yielding the floor” includes, when applicable, physically surrendering the microphone to White House staff for use by the next questioner;
4. Failure to abide by any of rules 1-3 may result in suspension or revocation of the journalist’s hard pass.
So, there are only two questions left to ask to wrap up this story:
1) What’s the pool up to for Acosta blowing it and getting his pass pulled a second time?
2) Is it too late to get in on it?
Move over Mr. & Mrs. Smith…
Our new First Couple is here to Make America Great Again.
Melania is elegance personified, and Trump is a force to be reckoned with.
This new painting captures both the First Lady’s sophistication and The President’s swagger.
The fact that they’re both locked and loaded is a nice touch.
Admit it. You love it.
If you were hoping to snag the original, you’re outta luck. It’s already been sold.
But the good news is, there’s still a way to grab a copy for yourself.
By the way, since Facebook has unpublished ClashDaily’s page, your best bet to keep in the loop is to Subscribe to our ClashDaily Newsletter right here:
We’re also moving onto a new platform, MeWe. It’s like Facebook without the data breaches and censorship.
Sign up and you can still get all the ClashDaily goodness by joining our MeWe group.
Do you love what we’re doing at Clash?
Do you want to kick in to our ‘war chest’ so that we Happy Warriors can maximize the size of the footprint we leave on Leftism’s backside? Here’s a link for ya to do just that.