In their book, The Politically Incorrect Guide to Immigration, authors John Zmirak and Al Perrotta have come up with a plan to deal with illegal immigrants. They named their plan MISSION America, in which MISSION stands for Managing Immigration to Strengthen and Secure Our Nation. Such a plan consists of the following:
- Build the Wall on our Southern Border. Doing so would cost America less than half of what is spent educating illegal immigrants in one year, and it would also save America nearly $64 billion over a ten-year period. It should also be noted that illegal immigrants cost American taxpayers an additional $116 billion every year.
- Track those individuals entering the United States on visas and immediately remove those who overstay them.
- Strip sanctuary cities of federal funding and use other means to pressure them to stop being sanctuaries for illegal immigrants.
- Deport the criminal aliens first, especially those committing ID theft.
Screen all new job applicants to work legally in America via E-Verify, and make E-Verify mandatory for all businesses with five or more employees.
- Create a federal hotline that would allow people to report illegal immigrants to Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE).
- Have Congress pass a federal law ending birthright citizenship to children of illegal immigrants, then fight for it in the courts.
- Stop chain migration, i.e. those immigrants who come to America and then send for all of their relatives.
- End the Diversity Visa lottery.
- Fix legal immigration by means of giving priority to highly skilled workers (and with lower overall totals).
- Reduce immigration admissions from high-risk countries (i.e. countries that pose a threat to America) to as close to zero as possible.
- Update our citizenship oath to require renouncing religious laws or systems or laws (e.g. sharia law) that are contrary to the Constitution, and then pass legislation revoking the citizenship for any naturalized person who takes the oath and then breaks it.
- Honor the first safe country rule for refugees. Help resettle actual refugees into compatible nearby countries. Require such refugees to return to their home countries when it is safe to do so.
- Enforce the financial promises made by sponsors of immigrants in order to keep such immigrants from becoming public charges (e.g. living off welfare).
- Encourage broad-based public and private efforts to assimilate and Americanize all immigrants.
By implementing MISSION America, our borders will be secure, various criminals (especially drug dealers, human traffickers, and terrorists) will be kept out, and billions of dollars of the taxpayers’ money will be saved.