She’s going to need some aloe for that burn.
Bill Maher is a lot of things, but a wallflower is not one of them.
When freshman Congresswoman Rep. Rashida Tlaib(D-MI) called for a boycott of Real Time with Bill Maher, because she didn’t like what he said, Maher wasn’t going to just sit there and take it.
Through his Twitter account, he subtly called out Tlaib in a tweet while posting a video of the segment that she found problematic.
The clip shows Maher mocking the pro-BDS movement calling it a “bullsh*t purity test by people who want to appear woke but actually slept through history class.”
He says that it’s “very shallow thinking” that is basically based on identitarian politics categorizing the Jews as “white” and Palestinians as “brown” and therefore oppressed. It’s just ignorant. Maher then points out that one of the founders of the BDS movement doesn’t believe that a Jewish state should exist at all and that the so-called “occupation” didn’t come out of nowhere, and that Jews aren’t treated well in Muslim countries. He says that only one side gets portrayed in the American media.
Maher says that predominantly-Muslim countries in the Middle East don’t have as many Jews as they had prior to 1948. He also brings up things that aren’t talked about like Saudi Arabi has a “Jewish ban” that doesn’t ever seem to be mentioned when the issue of peace in the Middle East is discussed.
The brutal part was the wording of the tweet itself implying that Rep. Tlaib is a one-trick pony who just wants to “cancel” opposing views.
Maher then kicks her while she’s down by pointing out that her view is a minority view among Democrats in Congress and asks if she’s going to propose “boycotts” of 93% of her colleagues.
It. Is. Brutal.
Some people have one move only: boycott. Cancel. Make-go-away. But here’s the thing, the house voted 318 to 17 to condemn the #BDS movement, including 93% of Dems. Does Tlaib want to boycott 93% of her own party? pic.twitter.com/0QrPQmwwiw
— Bill Maher (@billmaher) August 21, 2019
This is the thing that Speaker Pelosi was saying when she spoke to 60 Minutes:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi beginning to snap on socialist @AOC?
– When asked about AOC's power in congress, Pelosi demurs, "It's like 5 people."
– Pelosi then says says “glass of water” with a 'D' on it “would win” AOC's New York district.
— Benny (@bennyjohnson) April 16, 2019
“The Squad” is not doing so well at making friends and influencing their peers.
Damn good thing, that!
- Two-Bit Tyranny: Rashida Tlaib Calls For Punitive Boycott… Because Bill Maher Called Out Her BS
- Bill Maher’s Truth Bomb Blows Up The Squad: BDS Is A BullS**t Purity Test For Democrats
- Rashida Tlaib LIED About Her Trip To Israel And Is Now Playing The VICTIM — Here’s The 411
- Congresswomen Omar And Tlaib BANNED From Entering Israel For THIS Reason…
- Old Tweets Show Omar & Tlaib Wanted To DEPORT Opponents – Can You Say, ‘QUADRUPLE STANDARDS?’
- Omar & Tlaib DEFEND Terrorist Attacks Against Israel
- Rashida Tlaib Gets ROASTED Over Her Jewish Holocaust Blather
- Dear CNN: Rep. Rashida Tlaib Belongs To A Group That Thinks Jews Are ‘SATANIC’ – Is That ‘News?’
- Hey PartisanPress: Your Buddies At Antifa Just Beat Up A Reporter — Is THAT News?