It’s harder to answer when it’s not a hypothetical… watch him reflexively retreat to the party’s official talking points.
It’s thoughtful questions like this that might actually stand a chance of getting traction with the deeply-indoctrinated. Because they touch on the big questions about human worth in a way that isn’t abstract and hypothetical.
He asked about his OWN life and his OWN value… one day before he was born.
And Robert ‘Beto’ O’Rourke struggled to answer it because he was looking directly at the person whose life he was about to write off as ‘abortable’ one day before birth… as per Democrat policy.
He tried to have it both ways, but it just didn’t work.
Pro-life question from young man @BetoORourke at @CofC tonight: I was born Sep. 8, did my life have no value Sep. 7? Beto: “That’s a decision that neither you, nor I, nor the US government should be making. That’s a decision for the woman to make.” Massive cheers. pic.twitter.com/IShgwMhBpC
— Joel B. Pollak (@joelpollak) August 27, 2019
Man: I was born Sep. 8, did my life have no value Sep. 7?
Beto O'Rourke: “Of course I don't think that … but … this a decision that neither you, nor I, nor the United States government should be making. That’s a decision for the woman to make” pic.twitter.com/DhmvzcqfRN
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) August 27, 2019
His Roe v. Wade rant may have convinced the die-hard abortion zealots, but the in-betweens who are looking for something more than talking points may not have been so very convinced by his boilerplate answer.
- THE PARTY OF DEATH: Buttigieg Supports Women Who Get 3RD TRIMESTER Abortions
- Alyssa Milano Is GRATEFUL For The 2 Abortions She In 1993 — She Can Experience ‘Life’s Great Joys’ Now
- Forced To Choose, Planned Parenthood Picks Abortion Over Taxpayer Cash Cow
- EPIC: Ted Cruz Takes His Old Prof To School Over Ignorant Race-Baiting Abortion Tweet
- For the Left, It’s Abortion Over Everything Else
- Illinois Governor Signs The Most GHOULISH Abortion Law Yet — Legalizing Abortion ‘Up To BIRTH’
- WATCH: Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand Says That Opposing Abortion Is ‘Not Acceptable’ And Being Pro-Life Is Like ‘Racism’
- ‘Non-partisan’ NPR Provides Journalists With Guide On Framing Abortion Positively
- Such ‘Tolerance’: Church Vandalized With Pro-Abortion Graffiti