CNN’s “Media Watchdog,” Brian Stelter, doesn’t like the “fake news” label and what he calls the constant attacks on the press. Then he does crap like this.
Is the new goal of CNN to not have any viewers at all? Because this seems the way to go.
To inform the American people on the major move by Democrats to impeach the President of the United States, Brian Stelter decided to bring on his inaccurately named show, Reliable Sources, an expert on the subject — actor Robert De Niro.
How is De Niro an expert on impeachment?
Well, the 76-year old actor has been calling for the impeachment of the President almost since Trump’s election.
Also, he played Robert Mueller on Saturday Night Live, which obviously makes him an expert.
De Niro is also an avowed Trump-hater. He said he’d like to punch Trump in the face:
- DeNiro Yells ‘F**k Trump’ During Tony Awards – Will You Ever Watch His Movies Again?
- Dear Trump Supporters: What DeNiro Said About You Will Make You Boycott His Movies Forever
- Watch: DeNiro Calls Trump A ‘F–king Fool’ And A ‘Jerk Off’ – Is It Time For A DeNiro Boycott?
So, CNN decided to give this guy a platform to spew his Trump-hatred because he’s a famous actor.
But CNN isn’t “fake news.”
Robert De Niro says he thinks Democrats had no choice but to open an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump.
“It has to happen,” De Niro told CNN Business’ Brian Stelter on “Reliable Sources” Sunday. He called the present political situation a crisis, “and too many people are too gentle and genteel about it. And we’re in a crisis situation, period,” De Niro said. Two days earlier, on the red carpet for the New York Film Festival opening night premiere of his new film “The Irishman,” De Niro told Variety he hopes Trump gets impeached.
Pro-Tip: When you bring on an actor to discuss politics, you are indeed fake news.
Stelter does ask De Niro about his latest movie, The Irishman, but quickly comes right back to impeachment.
It appears that De Niro got the “Trump is a mob boss” Democrat talking point. He doubles-down and says that Trump is worse than a gangster.
Trump Derangement Syndrome really makes people say stupid things.
Note that De Niro said that President Trump should be impeached because he’s “said things and did things” but doesn’t say what those “things” are.
De Niro’s interview is only slightly more coherent but much less concise than this comment on the Trump Presidency:
- VIDEO: Barney Frank Says Trump Withholding Aid To Ukraine Makes Him An ACCESSORY To MURDER
- WATCH: Hillary Is Now Calling President Trump A ‘Corrupt Human Tornado’ And Says HE Is Obsessed With HER
- MEETING OF THE MINDS: Maxine Waters Tells Chris Cuomo That There Is Enough Evidence For Impeachment (VIDEO)
- REP. SCHIFF: Transcript Reveals ‘A Classic Mafia-Like SHAKEDOWN Of A Foreign Leader’ (VIDEO)