How are we supposed to ‘trust the process’ when we can all see that it’s being led by a duplicitous weasel?
There’s a reason we all call that bug-eyed clown ‘Shifty’. He’s the kind of guy who’d probably sell out his own grandmother if it would achieve a political ambition. He’s the guy who exploited his extraordinary security clearances as he solemnly scolded the nation for two years that he had ‘more than circumstantial evidence’ of Trump’s collusion with Russia.
Evidence that was explicitly refuted by Mueller’s claim that NO Americans had cooperated with Russians in efforts to alter the outcome of the 2016 election. (Could someone let the Hildebeast in on that open secret? She’s started throwing people in her OWN party under the ‘Russian puppet’ bus now.)
He holds the gavel and sets the rules in this bogus impeachment sham. That’s a real problem.
- He opened the proceedings with his ‘parody’ account of the Ukrainian phone call swirling at the center of the controversy… despite holding the actual transcript in his hand. With the intention of having those parody sound bites picked up by the news to push public opinion in the direction of Trump’s presumed guilt.
- He has used leading questions to pressure witnesses into shoehorning their testimony into agreeming with Schiff’s pre-existing assumptions about Trump’s guilt. We saw it in that opening day, and we have have had reports from Republican members present that this practice has continued.
- Exculpatory information is downplayed or ignored. Interestingly, THAT is somehow NEVER leaked.
- We learned that his staffers were in contact with the Whistleblower, likely coordinated with the whistleblower and visited Ukraine BEFORE there was public knowledge of this complaint.
- The visit was sponsored by Atlantic Council a group with political connections to any number of prominent and/or sketchy people, among them connections to Burisma.
- On that same visit, staffers met with people that were later called as witnesses against Trump.
Any of those details might be viewed as grounds for a mistrial in ordinary court cases. But the latest allegation gets worse:
House Minority Whip @SteveScalise rips into Democratic "soviet style" impeachment process:
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) October 29, 2019
How is it ‘free’ or ‘fair’ if the witnesses can only answer the questions that Schiff WANTS them to answer?