Trump addressed the nation with an update on the American response to CoronaVirus. And in response, the Left showed just how petty they could be.
So much for ‘uniting the country’ around this important cause… eh CNN?
For them, it’s far more important to score some political points on the guy you’re trying to chase out of the White House.
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) March 12, 2020
What is the Trump administration doing in response to the Coronavirus scare?
The Bullet point version:
– Travel Restrictions and Quarantine
— Suspended travel to/from China at the beginning
— Suspending travel to/from Continental Europe for 30 days beginning Friday
– Insurance Companies have agreed to waive all copayments for Coronavirus testing and treatment
– Cutting red tape to allow antiviral therapies to become available quickly
– $8.3B funding bill was signed into law last week to help CDC and other agencies proceed
– Explained difference between high-risk and low-risk populations, and their responses
– Local officials will give guidance in communities
– Good hygiene — wash hands, cover your mouth when you sneeze/cough, wipe surfaces
– Financial relief for those stricken with illness and for quarantined workers
– Provide capital and liquidity to firms affected by the economic disruptions of this pandemic
– Introducing Low-interest loans for small businesses
– Tax relief and deferred tax payments to affected businesses
– President calling for payroll tax relief
We have a resilient nation, with the best preparedness, people and systems to face this task, with a robust economy that can bounce back from these setbacks.
We must unify together as a nation and rise to the challenge.
He concluded with:
“Our future remains brighter than anyone can imagine… we will … emerge from this stronger and more unified than ever before. God bless you and God bless America. Thank-you”
So naturally, CNN hated it.
Acosta called it racist…
Jim @Acosta says it is "going to come across to a lot of Americans as smacking of xenophobia" with regards to Trump pointing out the coronavirus started out in Wuhan, China. pic.twitter.com/CFs1GVm3dt
— Julio Rosas (@Julio_Rosas11) March 12, 2020
And Don Lemon wouldn’t even let Kasich say the address above was ‘fine’.
You gotta check out this back-and-forth between Don Lemon and John Kasich in which Lemon straight-up admonishes Kasich for thinking Trump's address was fine.
"Can I finish now?"
"No, you can't, John!" pic.twitter.com/a4TaAN0qcX
— Justin Baragona (@justinbaragona) March 12, 2020
But Don Lemon is ‘impartial’.
Kasich: “Can I finish?”
Don Lemon: “No”.
Don wants to nail Trump’s scalp to a wall. And God help anyone who dares stand in the way of that goal… even his own guests.