[Editor’s Note: This story was submitted before the announcement of Biden’s Veep pick.]
Obviously, Kanye wasn’t the ONLY one feeling like Democrats were taking their most loyal voting block for granted.
Hey Joe, here comes the ultimatum!
Over 100 black leaders, including Sean “Diddy” Combs, signed a letter to Democrat hopeful Joe Biden instructing him to choose his vice presidential candidate wisely. According to them, they might vote for Trump if he doesn’t. “Failing to select a Black woman in 2020 means YOU WILL lose the election, we don’t want to choose between the lesser of two evils, we don’t want to vote the devil we know vs. the devil we don’t because we’re tired of voting for devils period.”
The letter excoriated Biden for his role in a string of crime bills that negatively affected generations of black people convicted of crimes, leading to longer sentencing and higher incarceration rates.
Have Democrat party leaders, allies, or donors ever required Joe Biden to show remorse for the 1986 or the 1988 Anti-Drug Abuse bills which established mandatory minimum sentencing and subsequently crack cocaine sentencing disparities, and by his own admission, led to mass incarceration? What about the 1994 Crime Bill?
This isn’t all that surprising. Biden has really ticked off the black community recently by assuming that he’s got the black vote locked-in.
- WATCH: Biden Says That The Latino Community Is ‘More Diverse’ Than The Black Community–Is That Racist?
- ‘Then You Ain’t Black’: Biden On Breakfast Club Disses Anyone Not Voting For Him (Video)
- Charlamagne Tha God Wishes Biden Should ‘Shut The Eff Up Forever’ After The Former VP Says Trump Is The First Racist POTUS
- Charlamagne: The Bill Comes Due For Biden’s ‘Ain’t Black’ Statement — Here’s The 411
Your favorite voting block is getting restless, and showing signs of that old ‘what have you done for me lately’ feeling.
NEW: More than 100 Black male leaders sign letter demanding Joe Biden pick Black woman as VP. “Failing to select a Black woman … means YOU WILL lose the election … Black women are defining the future of politics so it's time you let one define the future of your campaign.” pic.twitter.com/HOJs0d8q8h
— Kat Stafford (@kat__stafford) August 10, 2020
Black male leaders?
Oops, that’s an unfortunate turn of phrase, isn’t it?
If someone read that aloud, would you know which spelling she was using from context, or would you have to look it up?
With half the world convinced that the 25th Amendment could reasonably be invoked against Biden even BEFORE his inauguration, Biden’s pick for his #2 will be mission-critical.
In fact, the very-influential radio host Charlemagne Tha god made it clear that his own support for Biden would hinge upon who his pick was.
If even devoutly anti-Trump voting blocks are this reluctant to support their candidate, we’re in for a wild 3 months. Especially if Biden sees mutiny from the voting block that has been so faithfully delivering urban centers to his party.
If you thought 2020 was crazy already, you ain’t seen nothing yet!
- WTF? Joe Biden Blames Charlamagne Tha God For The ‘You Ain’t Black’ Comment (VIDEO)
- UH-OH, JOE! Biden Says That George Floyd’s Death Made A Bigger Impact Than The Assassination Of MLK (VIDEO)
- CORN POP: The Only Thing Funnier Than Joe Biden’s Crazy Story Is THIS Twitter Reaction To It
- Joe Biden’s Troubling History — The ‘Soft Bigotry Of Low Expectations’