WHERE’S BARR? Two Takes On What’s REALLY Happening With The Durham Reports

Written by Wes Walker on November 20, 2020

Four years after the events themselves, and more than a year after the administrative review officially became a criminal investigation, the public is left wondering when, if ever, will something come of all that energy.

With every passing month, observers became a little more cynical that the Deep State had managed to rope-a-dope the investigation until they eventually run out the clock. With this election in the rearview mirror, after the previous election was tilted blue by the entirely bogus Mueller investigation, it’s easy to get cynical.

While Media types were aligning around the talking point that Biden had ‘won’ the as-yet uncertified election results, one cynical online comment said something like ‘that sound you hear is the Durham Report hitting the bottom of a garbage can’.

Sean Davis of the Federalist seems to confirm that:

Around the same time, Jonathan Turley says there are as-yet undisclosed new developments in the investigation.

Turley said there are “some rumors that Durham holds material undisclosed by the special counsel or the inspector general,” referring to Justice Department watchdog Michael Horowitz, with whom Durham disagreed in the determination that the opening of the Trump-Russia investigation was justified, and former special counsel Robert Mueller, who found no criminal conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia. –WashingtonExaminer

But don’t throw up your hands just yet. It’s tempting to say the system is hopelessly and irreparibly tilted to favor political insiders on the left (which it certainly seems to be), but there is another side to this story.

U.S. Attorney John Durham’s investigation into the origins of the Russia probe remains “full steam ahead,” a source familiar with his progress told Fox News, despite concerns from Republicans and allies of President Trump that the probe has been dormant following Election Day.

“Durham remains full steam ahead,” the source familiar with the investigation told Fox News.

Another source told Fox News that his investigation “is definitely still happening,” despite radio silence coming from the U.S. attorney from Connecticut.

…Last month, Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe said he believed there “will be” and “should be” more indictments coming from Durham’s probe, based on “intelligence” he has access to.

“I think there will be more indictments,” Ratcliffe said in October. “Based on the intelligence I have access to, I certainly believe there should be.”

Ratcliffe also said that he has already provided 1,000 pages of material to the Justice Department to support Durham’s investigation.

“At my direction, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence has now provided almost 1,000 pages of materials to the Department of Justice in response to Mr. Durham’s document requests,” Ratcliffe said in a statement Wednesday. “I will continue to ensure the Intelligence Community’s responsiveness to the DOJ’s requests.”-FoxNews