A prominent former Democrat who is a proud supporter of Donald Trump was arrested in connection with the January riot.
This isn’t the first time that Brandon Straka, 44, has been a target for his views. His #Walkaway Facebook page was banned from the social media platform earlier this month in the wake of what the Media (D) calls the “Seige of the Capitol” on January 6. He’s also been harassed and targeted for his political views including for wearing the iconic red hat.
Straka was a speaker at the “Stop the Steal” rally at Freedom Plaza in Washington on that day.
He is now facing federal charges of impeding a law enforcement officer during civil disorder, knowingly entering and remaining on restricted grounds, and engaging in disorderly conduct with intent to disturb a hearing before Congress.
FBI investigators said that the day after the siege, Straka posted a nearly hourlong video to social media in which he said he learned on his way to Capitol Hill that “patriots had entered the Capitol” and said that he thought to himself, “Wow, so they’re going to basically storm and try to get into the chamber so that they can demand that we get the investigation that we want.”
According to court documents, Straka made his way up the stairs of the Capitol and said he saw “nothing being broken” and “nobody committing any acts of violence.”
The FBI agent in charge also said the bureau received screenshots of Straka’s tweets from the day of the riot in which he appeared to encourage and defend those who stormed the building…
…A witness, who was not named in the documents, sent a video to FBI investigators that allegedly shows Straka outside the Capitol building saying, “We’re going in. We’re going in” and later yelling, “Go! Go!” as people in front of him tried to shove their way inside. He is accused of yelling, “Take the shield!” as a Capitol Police officer held up his shield before it was snatched by the mob.
Source: Washington Examiner
According to court documents, officials were tipped off that Straka posted an hour-long video near the entrance to the Capitol shouting, “Go, go!” The video was removed, but multiple screenshots were sent to the FBI along with screenshots of his tweets that have also been deleted.
These screenshots reportedly revealed that Straka made the following comments on Twitter on Jan. 6.:
- “Patriots at the Capitol – HOLD. THE. LINE!!!!”
- “I arrived at the Capitol a few hours ago as Patriots were storming from all sides. I was quite close to entering myself as police began tear-gassing us from the door. I inhaled tear gas & got it in my eyes. Patriots began exiting shortly after saying Congress had been cleared.”
- “I’m completely confused. For 6-8 weeks everybody on the right has been saying ‘1776!’ & that if congress moves forward it will mean a revolution! So congress moves forward. Patriots storm the Capitol – now everybody is virtual signaling their embarrassment that this happened.”
- “Also- be embarrassed & hide if you need to- but I was there. It was not Antifa at the Capitol. It was freedom loving Patriots who were DESPERATE to fight for the final hope of our Republic because literally nobody cares about them. Everyone else can denounce them. I will not.”
- “Perhaps I missed the part where it was agreed this would be a revolution of ice cream cones & hair-braiding parties to take our government back from lying, cheating globally interested swamp parasites. My bad.”
Source: KETV 7
Here is the local news report from KETV 7 in Omaha, Nebraska.
- 1.5M Views: Jaw-Dropping Pro-Trump Tribute Sung By Walkaway’s Brandon Straka
- WalkAway Founder Was Harassed Over His MAGA Hat — Best Response Ever
- TECH TYRANNY: War Declared, Trump, Some Supporters Lose Digital Assets… Not Just Media Sites, Either
- #WalkAway: Ex-Liberal Bro’s Campaign To Leave Progressivism Goes Viral
- BOOM: Isaiah Washington Merges With #WalkAway – Cue The Liberal Rage In 3, 2 and 1!