Oh what a difference a few months can make. Just last spring, it was ‘racist’ to point fingers at the Chinese Communist Party for the origins of the Chinavirus. But now? Now the game has changed.
Remember when Andrew Cuomo was so ‘offended’ by Trump blaming Chinese malfeasance for unleashing this virus on the world that he tried to rename it the “European virus”? Yet somehow the media still manages to cling to some fantasy that he’s been ‘heroic’ during this outbreak, rather than a colossal failure.
Despite endless stonewalling from the Chinese (including throwing foreign reporters out of the country while the disease was spreading) American authorities have put together what they know so far about the origins of the CCP Chinavirus.
It turns out that those of us who were calling out Chinese authorities have been right from the beginning.
This story takes us right back to the Wuhan Lab that was the focus of public interest from the very beginning.
Remember how 60 Minutes ran to the defense of China against Trump’s allegations that they turned COVID loose on the world?
What about the fact that Fauci is still a darling to the left, despite his own role in helping unleash this on the world.
“Back in 2014, the Obama administration prohibited the U.S. from giving any money to any laboratory, including in the U.S., that was fooling around with these viruses. Prohibited! Despite that, Dr. Fauci gave $3.7 million to the Wuhan laboratory — and then even after the State Department issued reports about how unsafe that laboratory was, and how suspicious they were in the way they were developing a virus that could be transmitted to humans,” he claimed.
Read the rest of that story here: Guiliani Puts Fauci On Blast: ‘Paid For The Damn Virus That’s Killing Us’
A new State Department report is sharing what we know so far.
Here are a few of the points raised in that report.
– The U.S. government has reason to believe that several researchers inside the WIV became sick in autumn 2019, before the first identified case of the outbreak, with symptoms consistent with both COVID-19 and common seasonal illnesses. This raises questions about the credibility of WIV senior researcher Shi Zhengli’s public claim that there was “zero infection” among the WIV’s staff and students of SARS-CoV-2 or SARS-related viruses.
– Starting in at least 2016 – and with no indication of a stop prior to the COVID-19 outbreak – WIV researchers conducted experiments involving RaTG13, the bat coronavirus identified by the WIV in January 2020 as its closest sample to SARS-CoV-2 (96.2% similar). The WIV became a focal point for international coronavirus research after the 2003 SARS outbreak and has since studied animals including mice, bats, and pangolins.
– The WIV has a published record of conducting “gain-of-function” research to engineer chimeric viruses. But the WIV has not been transparent or consistent about its record of studying viruses most similar to the COVID-19 virus, including “RaTG13,” which it sampled from a cave in Yunnan Province in 2013 after several miners died of SARS-like illness.
– Despite the WIV presenting itself as a civilian institution, the United States has determined that the WIV has collaborated on publications and secret projects with China’s military. The WIV has engaged in classified research, including laboratory animal experiments, on behalf of the Chinese military since at least 2017.
– The United States and other donors who funded or collaborated on civilian research at the WIV have a right and obligation to determine whether any of our research funding was diverted to secret Chinese military projects at the WIV.
Of course, everyone who tried to demonize the right — and Trump in particular — for making similar claims about the virus’ origins a year ago are sure to get a formal apology from Democrats and their media flunkies, right?
We wouldn’t suggest holding your breath while you wait for it to happen.
The question is, will the guy taking office be man enough to hold his Chinese counterparts accountable? Or has he already sold his soul for a fistful of Yuan?
At a time when real leadership is so desperately needed, we’ve got ourselves a glorified cardboard cutout placeholder in the Big Chair.
If only he was the tough guy he pretended to be on the campaign trail.
Then again, the empty truck makes the most noise. What does he know about ‘tough’?
Check out ClashRadio for more wit and wisdom from ClashDaily’s Big Dawg. While you’re at it, here’s his latest book:
Much of the Left loathes masculinity and they love to paint Jesus as a non-offensive bearded woman who endorses their agenda. This book blows that nonsense all to hell. From the stonking laptop of bestselling author, Doug Giles, comes a new book that focuses on Jesus’ overt masculine traits like no other books have heretofore. It’s informative, bold, hilarious, and scary. Giles has concluded, after many years of scouring the scripture that, If Masculinity Is ‘Toxic’, Call Jesus Radioactive.